Lit from Within: Old Urban Decay with New It Cosmetics
-->

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Old Urban Decay with New It Cosmetics


Hello, Fireflies!

I didn't even know that Urban Decay was coming out with their XX Vice Ltd Reloaded palette, but when I saw it, I knew I needed it!  I came kinda late to the UD game, so I was pretty excited to try some of these older colors.  The day I put my eye look together, I happened to receive my It Cosmetics New Year, Most Beautiful You set in the mail from QVC, and couldn't wait to try some of those, so I paired them together for a FOTD.

At first glance, this palette is a hot mess.  There is no discernible rhyme or reason to how the shades are organized.  There are a few neutral, matte shades, but most of them are shimmer or glitter.  Some are duochromes.  All of them are pretty amazing.  I am totally in love with this crazy palette.

Urban Decay Vice XX Reloaded

I broke the swatches up into two groups of six, and two groups of 4.  Roadstripe doesn't look like much in the palette, but on the skin, it becomes this iridescent white with a blue/purple shift.  So gorgeous.
Urban Decay Vice XX Reloaded swatches
 UV-B is another surprise duochrome. And check out the metallic goodness of Smog and Goldmine.
I knew about the lipstick in Gash, but I didn't know there was an eyeshadow, too.  It's a totally wearable red - not too bold, so shimmery, and easy to blend.
There are some really cool greens in this palette, too.  Mildew and Acid Rain have cool names and neat metallic finishes.
In this look, I focused on the purples.  Over UD original primer, I laid down a base of Anonymous, a matte light cream.  I used Roadstripe on the lid, UV-B in the crease, and Asphyxia and Freakshow in the outer corner.  Depending on how the light was hitting me, there were flashes of indigo and purple dancing across my eyes.
Urban Decay Vice XX Reloaded eotd
I was so excited about this year's It Cosmetics' New Year set.  It came with two brushes, which was amazing.  One of them is my favorite dual-ended face/concealer brush, and the other is a duo-fiber blush brush.

Also, it came with a compact (and refill!) of their new CC+ Beauty Veil, which I really wanted to try.  I've never felt any foundation like it!  It's so light, and it dries almost immediately.  There's no time to mess with this stuff! I hadn't gotten a chance to wash the brushes yet, so I just applied it with my Cargo Magic Brush - lightly dipping the brush into the sponge, and then quickly swirling it on my skin.  It really is like a serum.  I feel like it's light to medium coverage, which is what I like.  I'm not sure if it's buildable - it really doesn't feel like there's anything on your skin at all.  No heaviness or cakeyness - no arduous buffing and blending.

Urban Decay Vice XX Reloaded eotd with It Cosmetics makeup

I also used the blush that came with the set - a cream blush in Je Ne Sais Quoi.  The lipstick was in the same color, and though I didn't use it, it turns out I could have.  It's a bright, almost scary pink, in the tube, but it adapts slightly to a perfect, soft pink on the lips.  

What I used:  UD original eyeshadow primer (not pictured), and XX Reloaded palette, Kat Von D lipstick in Lolita, It Cosmetics CC+ Veil Beauty Fluid (light), CC+ Vitality Brightening Creme Blush in Je Ne Sais Quoi, Brow Power in Universal Taupe, Bye Bye Undereye in Neutral Medium, No-Tug Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Black-Brown, and Hello Lashes Extensions mascara.
I thought it was fun to mix a little old-school shadow with new makeup technology!  I don't think you can go wrong with either the crazy, fun colors of Urban Decay, or the fresh face, most beautiful you products from It Cosmetics.

Have you tried any of these yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...