Lit from Within: Blurple-purple Butters
-->

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blurple-purple Butters

I think that purples are my fave colors from Butter London.  I loved the pale Muggins, the periwinkle sprog, and now - Scoundrel:


The formula on this one was not *quite* as nice as other BLs, I will admit.  You can see some bunching on my thumb and middle finger.  This could very well be user error, though, as I had been swatching for awhile, and I may not have let my base coat dry completely.  


I did another glitter gradient with BL Knackered.  This is a really interesting polish - way too sheer for me to wear on its own.  I have seen pix where people have layered this polish to opacity, and it's like 5+ coats, which I have no patience for.  It does add a pretty blue sheen and a scattered holo effect, though.


I added a leaf and branches pattern with BL HRH and BL Muggins.  



And, I liked it so much, I did both hands!
 

 Next up, another Macy's exclusive, Brummie:


Like another Macy's exclusive, Cake Hole, Brummie also has that rubbery-looking finish.  I like it a lot on Brummie.


I must really like Knackered, because I pulled it out again!  


I covered all of the ring fingernail with Knackered, three stripes on my thumb, and one stripe in the middle on all other fingers.  I really liked the contrast between the rubbery finish and the holo sparkly.


 Betcha didn't know there were so many sides to Butter London! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...