Lit from Within: Indie January - Two Birds
-->

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Indie January - Two Birds

Today I want to show you polishes from Two Birds, two sisters who love crafts and make some pretty awesome polishes.

Crossroads.  This was part of their Halloween collex from 2012.  I didn't discover it until after that, and loved it so much, it topped my list of fave polishes for 2012.  Orange milky bases are pretty rare, and this one is so juicy.  I love how the purple and orange glitters just pop.  No problems with application, no fishing for glitter.


I also loved how it matched one of my fave shirts!


Strawberry Limeaid.  On my ring finger, I started with one layer of the glitter, but realized it needed undies, so I used NYC Peach Sparkle, a supposed dupe for NARS Orgasm.  This was an LE I asked someone to buy for me, as it was only readily found at Rite-Aid.  It's sheer, but pretty.


I love how vibrant the peach looks after putting on Strawberry Limeaid.  It definitely has more pink than Crossroads, but still has that ripe, juicy feel to it. The lime green glitters are unobtrusive, but add subtle contrast.  I think this is a clever mix of colors!


Old Magic.  This one was hard to photograph.  I don't think the pix do it justice.  In Real Life, the blue is a jelly, and the glitters are more noticeable, but still subtle.


I think Picture Polish Festival added a nice punch of flakie goodness.  I think you can also see that the blue is more jelly here, and not as dark.  I did not want to take this off!


With all the Indies on the market now, it's refreshing to see some colors and textures are still fresh.  Are you a fan of the orange base?

If you'd like more information about Two Birds, they can be found on Facebook, and also have a store on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...