Lit from Within: Above The Curve - Fallen Angel Collex, Part I
-->

Friday, February 22, 2013

Above The Curve - Fallen Angel Collex, Part I

Above The Curve is a unique Indie brand that has really gotten my attention lately. I usually buy their scattered holos - their Fallen Angel line is gorgeous, and I'm going to show you some looks from that line today and tomorrow.  They don't just sell polish, though - they started a group on Facebook called "Hey Mani, Do You Lacquer?" for polish enthusiasts, bloggers, creators, etc.  They also donate $1 from each of their polishes to Shriners Hospitals and for scoliosis research. 

Arch Angel. Light lavender holo that leans pink. 


I did a gradient over it with Risen Angel.  This eggplant color is one of my faves from this collex.  It's rich and dark, and the holo texture really gives it dimension.


This look was inspired by a Mardi Gras look from Pink and Polished.  I just changed the colors up a bit.  To do the detail on top, I added a little white to Diablos and painted on the lines. 



Here are the bottles of the three polishes I used, and backwards, so you can see the polish better.


This next look also uses Arch Angel, and pairs it with another purple from the collex, Aurora.  First, I painted half of each nail with Arch Angel, and then the other half with Aurora.  It was really hard to tell the difference, even in Real Life.


Same mani, but I added the black lines, and that really brought out the contrast between the two.  Aurora is much darker.




I did a simple, subtle framed nail for my last look.  Fallen Angel is an interesting polish - it's dark, but at the same time, very sheer.  It actually photographed more opaque than it looks in Real Life - it was like the shimmer reflected the illusion of a solid surface.  Between the blue shimmer, and the blue and black glitter, it's a very pretty polish.

 

Bottle shots.


Divine Angel, a turquoise holo, brings out the blue flecks in Fallen Angel.  I think they work well together for a subtle look.


Tomorrow, I have three more looks I created from the Fallen Angel line.  If you'd like more information about Above The Curve, you can find them on Facebook and on their store..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...