Lit from Within: My birthday present to ME! - Cirque
-->

Saturday, February 9, 2013

My birthday present to ME! - Cirque

Happy birthday to me!  I always get myself the BEST presents, and this year I decided to treat myself to some Cirque polishes!  I wasn't disappointed!

Hellebore.  This is one green glitterbomb!  It's a unique green to me, too - very light, with purple flecks and maybe some holo glitter mixed in.  Full coverage in two coats, very easy to apply.


I saw a tutorial on cutting hearts out of cheap bandaids to use as a stencil.  I didn't have any bandaids, so I tried it with clear tape.  Took me a few tries, but I finally got one to work on my thumb.  I used Fascination Street to paint in the stencil.  Cute!


Lonesome George.  Very nice pigmentation, pretty decent rainbow.  Easy application, no special base or buffing.


I saw this pattern on Raggio di Luna and I wanted to see if I could make it work with my Cirque polishes.  Fascination Street is thick enough to paint with, but because it's a holo you don't get a crisp line.  I dabbed some Hellebore at the tips.  Not exactly what I was going for, but still interesting.


Fascination Street. Great song by the Cure, and cool polish.  I think this was the first of Cirque's polishes to really grab my attention.  I wish I had some sunlight the day I swatched this so the rainbow would really shine, but you can still see some and that great saturated blurple color.


I decided to stamp over it with Color Club Eternal Beauty, one of Color Club's new holo releases for 2013.  Stamps beautifully, doesn't it?  I think they look great together, like purple dragon scales.


Cape Liz.  This has been the season for blue/grey polishes with flecks or flakies.  I can't get enough of them.  Such a rainy-day-curl-up-with-a-blanket feeling.  


I got out my fan brush and swiped Lonesome George and Planet Caravan over Cape Liz.  First attempt... not bad, but I think this technique is meant for creme polishes.  The glitters just scatter the light and disrupt the pattern too much.


Planet Caravan.  This is an interesting polish!  Black base with purple and gold, maybe holo glitters?  It dries semi-matte, but gets some real depth with topcoat.


I think that's why I decided to do a 'galaxy' nail on top of it.  I used these Orly polishes:  Halley's Comet, Galaxy Girl, Space Cadet, and Oui.  Yeah, they're all like galaxy nails in a bottle already, right?


I also mixed in a little Milani White on the Spot.  Maybe a little too much.  Well, that's the beauty of this nail art - they're rarely the same twice, and you can make them look like whatever you want.  My fave kind of nail art.


So, which colors are your fave?  Would you like to sport 'galaxy nails' or the fan brush technique?  or try making a stencil?

If you'd like more information about Cirque nails, you can find them on Facebook, or on their webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...