Lit from Within: It's jelly sammich time!
-->

Friday, February 15, 2013

It's jelly sammich time!

I recently picked up Zoya Paloma and Katherine from the Gloss collection, a series of three jellies.  Time to try a jelly sandwich!  If you're not familiar with the term, it's where you layer glitter in between either a jelly or a creme and another layer of jelly polish.

Zoya Paloma.  This is only two coats, and you can see how sheer it is.  This is when it's nice to have nubs, even though I'm bummed that I broke two nails.  The upside is that there isn't much VNL!  What a gorgeous, squishy color!


I couldn't decide what to use for my mani, so I tried three different glitters, all from Urban Outfitters.

The polish on the left is Scorched, a silver microglitter with colored hexes.  The one on the right is Unicorn, a clear base with iridescent squares and small holo glitters.


On my thumb is Mystic, a dupe for Deborah Lippman Ray of Light. It's a blue jelly with pink flakies. Oooh, I'm liking this.


Now, another layer of Paloma, and then some topcoat.  The pointer and ring fingers are Unicorn, middle and pinky Scorched.



Zoya Katherine. Though it almost looks black in the bottle, it is a dark mulberry/wine color on the nail.  As you can see, two coats isn't quite going to do it for this polish.


I had received this Island Girl as an accident in a blog sale.  It had evaporated quite a bit, so I added some thinner and Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food (Fix A Flat) to spruce it up.  It gave the glitter a bit of a matte finish, but it did work to loosen it up and make the polish usable again.


Another layer of Katherine to complete the sandwich.  I love this.  I would buy this if an Indie made this in a bottle, I think.





Which is your favorite?  Would you wear any of them?  Do you like to buy glitter in a colored base - a "jelly sandwich in a bottle" or make your own?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you showed my Katherine! I can't wait to try it with some glitter. I love me a sammich!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were totally right about Katherine. What a beaut! :) I can't wait to see what kind of glitter looks you come up with!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...