Lit from Within: Stamping Sunday - Neon Ninja!
-->

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stamping Sunday - Neon Ninja!


This week's challenge was do something with neons.  This was a bit of a challenge for me right from the get-go, because I don't have many neons.. I had more a few weeks ago, but I gave them away!  I'm kinda over neons.  I did keep a couple, including China Glaze Flying Dragon, which, if it didn't actually say "neon" on the label, I'm not sure I would have recognized it as such!


I did put it over a layer of Milani White on the Spot, but I'm not sure if it did much, because this is a pretty opaque neon.  I do love the little sprinkles of blue fleck in this polish, it's quite pretty.  It photographed a little more blue than it is in real life - it's a red-leaning violet - but it's still pretty cool.


"Flying Dragon" made me think of the movie, "Flying Tiger - Hidden Dragon"  which made me think of martial arts, which made me think of Ninjas, which made me think of ninja flying stars, which brought me to this stamp.  This is from Mash-47.  I used Essie No Place Like Chrome for the stamping.


I liked it better with a layer of topcoat over everything.  Neons traditionally dry matte, but this one is just so pretty glossy, especially with the blue flecks.  There's no way I can be stealthy like a ninja with this polish on!

Do you like neon polishes?  Does it take you to (or back to) the 80's? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of neons, either. But I do love this mani. Those ninja stars are fierce!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...