Lit from Within: Rope-a-dope-taupe
-->

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Rope-a-dope-taupe

Oh, how many bottles of taupe polish does a person really need?  I don't know, and I don't know how many I'm going to eventually own, either.  I seem to have a weakness for them, especially those that lean purple.  I have a few to show you today, and even some dopey taupe-y nail art!

Butter London Toff.  Sorry about the bad picture.  I have no idea what happened  here.  It's a great polish, though.  Very soft and professional, and applies like a Buttah should.


Almay Galaxy.  This has got to be the worst misnomer of a polish, EVER.  Where is the Galaxy here?  There is a little tiny bit of shimmer, but overall, it's pretty plain.  I heard someone call this a 'Grandma polish'.  I got it in a 2-pack at the dollar store.  Not even worth the 50 cents, and smells horrible.  I'm still pissed about the name.


I thought I could spice it up by adding Maybelline Wined and Dined.  Yeah, it completely covered it!   I liked this color better.


I had seen this nail art of lightening nails, and wanted to try it.  Yeah, if I hadn't told you it was supposed to be lightening, you never would have gotten there on your own, would you.  Epic Fail.    I used Ulta SmokeScreen for the lightening, and Above the Curve Miss Scarlet's Vittles for the holo clouds.


Revlon VIP.  A little darker taupe, maybe a little more mushroom-y.  Nice, smooth application.


I paired it with OPI The Living Daylights.  I didn't know if I was going to like this glitter, but I do.  The hexes are a little larger, which is a different look for OPI.  I really liked the color combination, too.  I think it would look even better over a different base color.


After I did that mani, I realized that I had another Revlon that was really close in color, and I wanted to see if it was a dupe.  I really have too many taupes...

Revlon Stormy & VIP.  VIP is on the thumb, middle, and pinky fingers, and Stormy is on the pointer and ring.  They're not dupes, but they're close.  Stormy is a little lighter and a little more purple. 


I put on a little flakie to see if I could still tell the difference.  In Real Life, I couldn't.  This is the two Revlons with Zoya Chloe.


Illamasqua Stagnate. I picked this up at the Illamasqua clearance sale.  It's a lovely polish, but it's not unique, as you can see.


I did an accent nail of Julep Ginger, and a stripe on my thumb.  If nothing else, taupe is a great background color to let a pop of color or texture really shine.  I like that this is fun, but not too crazy.


Would you wear taupe?  Is it just a work color for you?  If you're going to have just one, which would it be?

4 comments:

  1. I just saw Chloe a couple of days ago and was desperate for it. Will you use it again and give me another option? I need to make sure it want it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything in particular you'd like me to pair it with? Be happy to use it again. :)

      Delete
  2. P.S. I could totally tell it was lightning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...