Lit from Within: Ahhh! Refreshing Mint!
-->

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ahhh! Refreshing Mint!

I recently ordered three colors from Mint's premiere collex, and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed.  All three colors applied wonderfully, glossy, self-leveling, and I loved all the colors.  I even did some nail art, and they worked great for that, too!

Original Mint.  I am a sucker for a clever name, and what's more clever than an homage to your own brand? 


The bottles are pretty cute, too!  I used Bleeker St. Babe as well as Original Mint for my art.


I thought the olive green reminded me of plant fronds, so I painted in some long, simple fronds.  The highlight was made by mixing in a little white with Bleeker St. Babe.


Bleeker St. Babe.  And, speaking of, here's a swatch of just Bleeker St. Babe, a lovely olive green.


 I decided to pair it with Lavender Macaron for a simple striped nail art inspired by this look done by The Polish Squirrel (only I didn't use tape). 


I'm not much of a perfectionist anyway, but I kinda liked the 'rustic' look of the messier stripes.  Kind of a 'homespun' look, if you will.  (or, just messy.  I'm not proud.)


Lavender Macaron.  These pastels are hot, hot, hot this spring, and I'm loving them. Pastels are notoriously troublesome; this one was less so than most, but not as nice as the two greens from this collex.


A final bottle shot of all three bottles:


I can't help it, I love chevrons, and before I knew it, I was using all three colors together in a chevron pattern.  I really like it when I can buy different colors from a collection, but they can still be used together.


So, what do you think of Mint Polish?  Any faves?  Are you tired of all of these colors already, or do these have something fresh to them?

If you're interested in finding out more about Mint Polish, you can find them on Facebook and on their webpage.

4 comments:

  1. They re indeed very pretty Nidia, I love the mint and lavender...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Maria! How's my fave floral artiste? I copied one of your looks the other day (the 'muse' flower and hashmark) and thought of you. :) (It's on one of my most recent posts about Mentality). Hope you are well!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...