Lit from Within: Something a Little Different Sunday - Kiehl's
-->

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Something a Little Different Sunday - Kiehl's

As a member of the Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida, I sometimes get invited to pretty cool events.  We were invited to the Grand Opening of the Kiehl's at the Mall at Milennia in Orlando, FL at the end of last year.  I'd like to share with you my experience there, and how I've been enjoying my products since then!

First up, you know I love it when I make an homage mani.  Oh, how I wish my thumb nail was a teeny bit longer!  The blue was achieved by layering China Glaze Blue Year's Eve over OPI Black Onyx.  I did the lettering with the teeniest brush ever and Rainbow Honey Gilded Angel.


The CEO of Kieh'ls, Chris Salgardo, is a pretty unique businessman.  I watched someone gush all over a reporter in a business suit because she thought he must be the CEO.  Nope, he's the one in the ripped jeans, and flannel.  He's also big into charity, having just completed a motorcycle ride for AMfar right before this.  (there was a replica motorcycle in the entrance to the store!)
 

Where does one find those giant scissors?  Can you rent them?  I mean, how many times are you going to really use them..


I admit, I'm fairly clueless when it comes to skincare.  I still have the pimple problem I've had since a teen, but now I'm getting the aging issues of someone in their 40s.  So, I was thrilled when I was offered a complimentary facial. 


And you don't have to be a beauty blogger to get one!  They are complimentary to anyone.  They started off by taking a swab to my skin and seeing what type of skin I have.  Yep, a little oily. 


I had glitter on my eyelids, so the technician was careful to not remove any of my eye makeup, which I thought was pretty considerate.  Also, check out how the professional photographer got my reflection in the mirror. 


It felt great, and I learned a lot.  For example, I grew up with 'toner' always being an astringent.  Did you know that's not the case anymore?  You can (and should) use toner for all skin types, not just oily teenage skin.


I felt all dewy!


Yeah, me and Chris are buds now.  I should look him up on Facebook.


Always my fave part - hanging with my Beauty Blogger of Central FL ladies.


We all received some products to try.  For daytime, I received a sample of the Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate, the Ultra Facial Creme (and then a small sample of the oil-free gel) and the Super Fluid UV Defense.

The Concentrate was my favorite product.  I don't have a lot of wrinkles, but I do have some problem rough areas on my chin, and I felt this product helped to alleviate that.  The Vitamin C concentrate really does seem to rejuvenate the skin.  Both of the creams were fine, but I preferred the texture of the oil-free. 

The UV Defense I had a hard time remembering to use, because I use a BB cream that already has sunscreen in it.  The bonus was that my husband loved it!  I always have to remind him to put facial sunscreen on when we go playing in the Florida sun, and he doesn't really like the girly facial sunscreens I have.  This one was unscented, not greasy, and absorbed right away.  Winner.

For night time, I tried the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, and the Rosa Artica Youth Regenerating Cream.
This should tell you how much I loved the Midnight Recovery Concentrate!


With this product, a little goes a long way.  The oils have a very subtle, earthy smell with a hint of lavender.  It was very relaxing to put on right before bed.  It's also great for cuticles, so after applying to my face, I'd just rub the rest into my fingers.  The Rosa Artica creme is very thick, and you warm up a little in your hand before application.  I noticed that every morning I would have some sloughing of my lips, which was great to bring new skin to the surface.  I'm very vain about my lips.

If this was TL;DR, here's the skinny.  Great products, the serums were my fave, love the gentle formulas and subtle scents.  If you'd like more information about this Kiehl's, check out their Facebook page.  Tell them I sent you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you had an amazing day :)
    And your mani is so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! Yes, It was really great, and I'm so glad you like the mani. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...