Lit from Within: Valentines' Day
-->

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines' Day

I'll admit, I'm one of those people who doesn't really celebrate Valentines' Day.  When I was growing up, I never had a Valentine, and now that I'm married, I have a Valentine every day.  I do enjoy the day after, though, when all the chocolate goes on sale.

I really wanted to try and emulate this saran wrap mani I saw on SpellBound nails for Valentines' Day. 

China Glaze Naked.  This was part of a pack I got with a bottle of Seche Vite for Breast Cancer Awareness month.  I don't wear a lot of pink, but I really like this one.  It's not too cutesy, and the shimmer is perfect.  


I followed the tutorial for applying the white (Milani White on the Spot) and then again with some pink.


I finished off the look with little hearts in Revlon Vintage, and then topcoat.  I can see I need a little work blending my colors for a more subtle marble look!


I created a second look, too.  I couldn't resist when I saw the name of this polish.

Wet 'n Wild Haze of Love.  I don't know when this color came out, but when I saw it, I fell in love.  This is a perfect reddish color - it's not a brick red, not a rose... I really don't know what to call it.  And look how glossy!


I did a swooshy diagonal stripe down each nail with Julep Jennifer, a milky soft pink, and outlined it in Milani Art of Silver striper.  I like how you can almost see through Jennifer, like frosted glass.



Are you more the hearts and flowers kind of person for Valentines' Day, or into something more subtle like the second look?  Or will you be wearing black?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...