Lit from Within: Mentality Polish - Shifty and Reserved Collex
-->

Monday, February 11, 2013

Mentality Polish - Shifty and Reserved Collex

I spent a few days playing with these two new collections from Mentality - you know how I love my holos.  These are all subtle, scattered holos.  The Shifty collection has three polishes that have a blue/purple flash duochrome, and the Reserved collection has five warm-toned holos that have a metallic, chrome-like finish to them.  Application for all was really great - most were one-coaters if you were careful, though I almost always did two out of habit.

I have a three looks to show you today, using a mix from both collections.  Tomorrow, I'll finish posting the rest of the looks I created with these polishes.

Dapper.  This is a light gold, really clean and bright and shiny.


I saw this video from Robin Moses called Teal Sands, and I thought I'd try a version with the pinks in these collex.  I free-handed half of a chevron tip with Sly, a magenta holo with purple flecks.  


The other half was supposed to be wavy.  I used Finger Paints Black Expressionism.


Bottle shots of the other colors I used.  Wily is a light pinkish purple duochrome.  Refined is a bronze metallic, and Prim is a plummy brown.


I used a teeny-tiny art brush and painted little 'pebbles' of Wily, Refined, and Prim over the black.  I'm really happy with how this came out!  I didn't think I'd be able to pull it off.



Demure.  Charcoal-grey metallic holo from the Reserved collection.  Pretty hard to see the holo in this one, really, but it perks up with topcoat.


I saw a Pinterest pin for this Pixie Polish video and I tried to faithfully copy it.  This would be so cute for Valentines' Day!


Wily.  While Sly is a hot pink holo, Wily is a soft pinkish-purple.  They both are part of the Shifty collection and both have a purple/blue flash to them.






This is another look I saw on Pinterest by Simona Leucht.



I hadn't done a corset nail art before, so I thought it would be fun to try.  I free-handed the corset in Prim, and then dotted eyelets first in Dapper, and then with Wily.  I used Finger Paints Black Expressionism for the laces.


Both of these collections were created with stamping in mind, but they also worked really great for nail art.  Really nice texture and opacity.  Do you like any of these colors or nail art?

If you'd like more information about Mentality, you can find them on Facebook, and on their Big Cartel store.

2 comments:

  1. LOVED these, Nidia! These are some of your best. Plus, I love the bottle shot ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, T! I admit, I tried the bottle shot like that because of you. :) Thanks for the advice! You'll see a few more like that in upcoming posts.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...