Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - Purple and Orange
-->

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Purple and Orange



Hello, Fireflies! 

Today's stamping challenge is purple and orange.  I was stumped.  I don't think I've ever worn purple and orange together on my nails.  I couldn't even think of where to start!

So, I went for a holo.  Always a good place to start.  This is Aly's Dream Polish Electric Indigo.

Aly's Dream Polish Electric Indigo

Like a lot of purple-blues, my camera was all stubborn and refused to give me the right color.  This is close... it's a really lovely, bright blurple color.

Aly's Dream Polish Electric Indigo

I thought maybe an animal print was crazy enough for this color combo, so I picked this zebra-like print from Shany 22.

zebra-like print from Shany 22

I didn't think 'zebra' when I picked it, but it stamped that way.  I used Kleancolor Metallic Orange for the stamp.  Love how the metallics stamp, though I did have a little trouble.



I decided to add Color Club Spiral Stars for some added orange - flakie! Too bad it was mostly lost in the stripes.  Boo.


Bottle shot:  Aly's Dream Polish Electric Indigo, Kleancolor Metallic Orange, and Color Club Spiral Stars.

Bottle shot:  Aly's Dream Polish Electric Indigo, Kleancolor Metallic Orange, and Color Club Spiral Stars.

Aren't these LSU colors?  I don't know, I don't follow college (or any) sports, really.  But for some reason, it's ringing a bell.  Would you wear purple and orange polish together?

16 comments:

  1. What a easy way to get an animal print on your nails! The orange and purple work well together too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stamping does take a little practice, but yeah, it's a lot easier than drawing in all the lines, to my way of thinking! lol

      Delete
  2. In my book this is a perfect color combination - very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then it must be, because I love how you do your art! Thanks, Maria!

      Delete
  3. WOW. What a pretty combo, that I would never have thought to do!! Teach me your stamping ways! I've never gotten the hang of it, but I haven't tried in ages! That purple holo is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I"m no expert, by any means! My best tips - get an XL squishy stamper or at least a Konad stamper. The squishy ones help a lot in getting the image over the whole nail, especially if you have curved or long nails. I prefer scraping with an old credit card instead of metal, but I'd like to try a silicone scraper. And, clean off your stamper with tape or lint cleaner after every stamp, and clean your stamping plate off every few stamps. And practice!

      Delete
  4. You come up with the most unique and unexpectedly gorgeous color combinations. I love this pattern, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet! Mostly, I have so many untrieds, I'm just reaching for something close at hand. LOL.

      Delete
  5. Those colors look great together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who woulda thunk? It was a happy accident.

      Delete
  6. After seeing this I definitely think I need to give the ol stamping a try. You make it look so easy and flawless!! Gorgeous color choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do tend to be of the mind that if I can do it, anyone can! Um, not flawless, but I tell ya, from 'normal' hand viewing distance, no one is the wiser. It's these macro shots that make us all crazy about our imperfections!

      Delete
  7. Loving this combo! You're inspiring me so much to dig out the ol' stamping stuff. I'd long given up on it haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love being an enabler, uh, inspiration! lol. The truth is that even if the stamping isn't perfect, who's gonna know? You totally *meant* to do that, you're so avant-garde, really.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...