Lit from Within: Blue Dotted Tips
-->

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Blue Dotted Tips

Hello, Fireflies!

Today's look is about taking a bunch of sheer polishes, and making it work. I started with one of my favorite brands of polishes, Impala.  I admit it, I'm totally in love with the bottle.  It's soo cool.

What?  We beauty bloggers are drawn to aesthetics, right?  But, I'm not solely judging this polish by the bottle.  No, Impala Trem De Vida Alegria is a lovely blue/purple duochrome.

Impala Trem De Vida Alegria is a lovely blue/purple duochrome

Lovely, but a little sheer.  It would probably look great layered over a darker color, but I wasn't going there.  In fact, I took it in the completely opposite direction, by layering another extremely sheer polish, Orly Etoile, over it.  Etoile adds the slightest purple tint, and a subtle sparkle.

Orly Etoile adds the slightest purple tint, and a subtle sparkle

I don't have a lot of free edge, but I wasn't happy with all the VNL, even after multiple layers, so I employed some camouflage - dots! China Glaze Scandalous Shenanigans is not only adorably named, but is also a pretty metallic cobalt blue.  

China Glaze Scandalous Shenanigans is not only adorably named, but is also a pretty metallic cobalt blue.

There.  No more obvious VNL.


Bottle shot:  Impala Trem De Vida Alegria, Orly Etoile, and China Glaze Scandalous Shenanigans.

Bottle shot:  Impala Trem De Vida Alegria, Orly Etoile, and China Glaze Scandalous Shenanigans.

Maybe I should have just started over.. but I like how it turned out in the end!  Have you ever just committed to a makeup or nail design, even though it wasn't going your way, and just made it work?

7 comments:

  1. Pretty blue polka dots on the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, glowing pale blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a dot fanatic so needless to say, I love this manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, these sheer polishes really work well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of VNL either so layering the dots over it is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! I can deal with VNL. but this is still a lovely way to cover them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...