Lit from Within: GOT Polish Challenge - Skittle Me This, A-England!
-->

Thursday, March 6, 2014

GOT Polish Challenge - Skittle Me This, A-England!


Hello, Fireflies!

I'm a new member of the GOT (Golden Oldie Thursday) challenge.  If you're not familiar, the idea is to use older polishes (at least a year old) that just haven't gotten any love in a while.  I have been using so many untrieds, there are lots of Golden Oldies in my stash.

Still, I was uneasy doing a whole mani  - and a skittle at that! - without cracking open at least ONE untried. But, I did it.  And, boy am I happy I did.


Do you recognize any of these lovely holos?  These were among the first polishes I bought when I found myself interested in polish again.  I saw a pix of A-England Saint George, and FELL HARD.  Had to have it.  This was before I knew about nail polish blogs, or Facebook groups, so I did all the leg work myself.

Putting it on again was almost a spiritual experience! Talk about taking me back to my nail polish roots.


Aren't they cute with the little triangle studs? In order, from thumb to pinky, the polishes are:  A-England Ascalon, Lady Of The Lake, Tristam, Saint George, and Dragon.  Saint George is still one of my very favorite polishes, even if it is a little bit of a stainer.



Bottle shot:  A-England Ascalon, Lady Of The Lake, Tristam, Saint George, and Dragon.

Bottle shot:  A-England Ascalon, Lady Of The Lake, Tristam, Saint George, and Dragon.

Did you feel a little something special when you put on your first nail polish love?



15 comments:

  1. Fun skittle! Those are gorgeous shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this skittle and the way you combined the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A England are hands down the best when it comes to holos! Fabulous manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most stunning skittles, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are darling shades!!!! I love doing skittle nails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shades you used. Skittle nails seem perfect for the spring

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this mani! I have a thing for holos

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this brand but it's clear they make lovely shades.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great idea for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...