Lit from Within: Stamping Yellow Over Black? No way!
-->

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Stamping Yellow Over Black? No way!



Hello, Fireflies!

Today's stamping challenge was to use a stamp in addition to some other technique.  I'm busting out with stamping using a new technique for color mixing!  Natalie Brookes Nail Art discovered that if she took any polish and mixed it with white, it would become a more opaque 'stamping' polish.  You can find her tutorial on Instagram HERE.

So, if the technique is about stamping over black, I guess I'll put on my fave black, Cult Nails Nevermore.  One-coat shiny black goodness.

Cult Nails Nevermore.  One-coat shiny black goodness.

Ever search for the just the right words, but only symbols will do?  They you need this image from the DRK-C plate!

DRK-C plate

In the tutorial, you put the white and the color on the image side-by-side, and then use the scraper to quickly blend the two colors before using the stamper.  I probably used a little too much white, but you can see how thin this neon yellow is.  I'm sure with a little practice, I'll get the mix to look right.  


Bottle shot:  Wet 'n Wild Pin 'Em Slater, Milani White On The Spot, and  Cult Nails Nevermore.

Bottle shot:  Wet 'n Wild Pin 'Em Slater, Milani White On The Spot, and  Cult Nails Nevermore.

I'm excited about the stamping possibilities! Maybe I can make a red that stamps over black, too!  Have you tried this technique?  Is there a technique you've discovered that made you more excited to use a polish, or any beauty stuffs?

6 comments:

  1. That is such a cute stamping image! The yellow looks great over the black too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes adding white always is a good trick, also when working with acrylic craft color, the result is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting technique, I've never heard of anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun stamp pattern! Love the little skull and crossbones

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...