Lit from Within: Sweetcheeks II - Matte and Jelly Holos
-->

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sweetcheeks II - Matte and Jelly Holos

Hello, Fireflies!

Today, I bring you three more Sweetcheeks polishes.  Ready? And...

First, Sweetcheeks Polish in Vous Etes Mon Soleil.  Now, I don't speak French, but I think this means, "You are my sun."  or "Beer, please?"  I know for sure ONE thing it doesn't say, because of the song Lady Marmalade.

Sweetcheeks Polish in Vous Etes Mon Soleil

This is a holo matte polish! Kinda cool, actually.  I did a striping tape design, and painted Sweetcheeks Polish Black Ice over the tape.

And, like I always tell you not to do, I didn't let the base polish dry completely.  So, the tape pulled off all the purple polish underneath it.  I was saying some stuff, Pardon My French, if ya know what I mean.


So, one of these nails has been doctored, and the other hasn't.  But look at how pretty it all is with topcoat on?


Bottle shot:  Sweetcheeks Polish in Vous Etes Mon Soleil and Black Ice.

Bottle shot:  Sweetcheeks Polish in Vous Etes Mon Soleil and Black Ice.

Bonus polish:  This is Sweetcheeks Polish Eric, a brown jelly with green shimmer.  I think it's pretty.  But, Eric has a dark side.  He is thick and not very well pigmented.  So, I had to use 4 layers to get this much color, and for the shimmer to show up.

But, why is there no nail art on it? Because it didn't dry fast enough, and I banged it all up.  So, this is a polish for those who are patient! And less clumsy than I am. 

Sweetcheeks Polish Eric, a brown jelly with green shimmer.

Did you miss yesterday's post with two other Sweetcheeks polishes and some floral nail art?  It's HERE if you want to go see it.  If you'd like more information about Sweetcheeks Polish, you can find them on Facebook and Etsy.

This post contains products that were purchased by me, at a discount, for the purpose of review.  Nonetheless, my opinions are my own, and as honest as possible.

20 comments:

  1. Looks great! The tape design is nice too. That happens to me too when I'm impatient so that's why I usually add a top coat over the base color before applying tape on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why you're smart, and I'm not so much. LOL. What a simple fix....

      Delete
  2. Vous Etes Mon Soleil is so beautiful <3 I love the addition of Black Ice on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you already knew that it meant, "You are my sunshine," too! And, apparently, Black Ice is really blue. I'm batting 1000 today.

      Delete
  3. Matte holo?! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen one other like it, from Mentality - they make a matte holo topcoat!

      Delete
  4. I love the design you created, and the colors look so great together!! I'm not loving Eric all by himself, but I know you could make him awesome with some other polishes lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice compliment that you think I could turn a polish you don't like into one you would! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I agree! Apparently, the purple color is in support of Pancreatic Cancer awareness, which I didn't know until after I wrote my review.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It was the first color I put in my cart! And it's the color for support of Pancreatic Cancer awareness, so the maker tells me.

      Delete
  7. Matte holo is a totally new concept for me, and I love what you did with the colors. I messed up my mani so many times because I didn't let the polish dry completely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mentality has a matte holo topcoat you might like. I'm so clumsy, it's a miracle I ever get a manicure without dings.

      Delete
  8. I love that purple color, I'm obsessed with purples lately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. matte holo polish? It looks pretty! Love the manicure you created!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lavender shade is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...