Lit from Within: Sweetcheeks I - Satin and Glitter
-->

Friday, March 21, 2014

Sweetcheeks I - Satin and Glitter

Hello, Fireflies!

Today and tomorrow, I'd like to show you some looks I created with a new-to-me Indie from Canada, Sweetcheeks Polish.  She offered a blogger discount that I found irrestistible!

I started with Sweetcheeks Polish Red Rainbow and Midas Rose.  Red Rainbow is a jelly packed with holo glitters.  It applied a little thick, but manageable.  Midas Rose is a satin gold with a hint of pink.  I was hoping for a little more pink shimmer.  It's there, but super subtle.

Sweetcheeks Polish Red Rainbow and Midas Rose

Have you seen the nail art by Kimiko7878 on Instagram?  She does some amazing stuff that I can't hope to copy, but I am inspired by her talent.  I really loved this floral accent nail she did.  I started my version by using a black striper for the branches.

Sweetcheeks Polish Red Rainbow and Midas Rose

I used SpaRitual Peace and Harmony, a satin/matte finish white to make the flower petals and some dots. It's pretty sheer, so I laid on a thick drop and spread it out a little.

SpaRitual Peace and Harmony, a satin/matte finish white

I used a little more Red Rainbow in the centers of the flowers, and finished off with a few tiny dots of black.


Who needs long nails and painting skillz?  I got nubbins and a crayon, homies.


Bottle shot:  Sweetcheeks Polish Red Rainbow and Midas Rose, SpaRitual Peace and Harmony, and a black striper.

Bottle shot:  Sweetcheeks Polish Red Rainbow and Midas Rose, SpaRitual Peace and Harmony, and a black striper.

I was hoping the Red Rainbow would bring out some of the pink in Midas Rose, but it didn't really.  But, I still liked the effect.  If you did, too, stay tuned - tomorrow I have 3 more Sweetcheeks polishes to show you.

If you'd like more information about Sweetcheeks Polish, you can find them on Facebook and Etsy.

This post contains products that were purchased by me, at a discount, for the purpose of review.  Nonetheless, my opinions are my own, and as honest as possible.

22 comments:

  1. You made everything look so easy! Wish I can do this, it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty Nidia - and I love the label on the Sweetcheeks Polish LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I like this manicure a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mani is everything!! I need the orange glitters, NOW... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come over please and so my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seriously have the cutest ideas. I wish I could paint my nails without having them look like a 3 year old did them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE jelly glitters! Cute nail art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your creativity, I can never get bored of your manicures! Those little flowers are so delicate, they look like a very pretty cherry blossom painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers came out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That flowers came out fantastic! Great job, love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those accent nails designs are very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I am loving those accent nails, that gold is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful spring design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is oh so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is my favorite many from you to date!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just posted about Rainbow Red this week too! Love this polish, it's so fun. I really like your nail art. It's super pretty. Nubbins unite!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am intrigued by Sweetcheeks Polish - beautiful nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nubbins and a crayon. I'm dying LMAO I love this mani, you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...