Lit from Within: Get Lucky - Green Waterfall #NailArtForNubs
-->

Monday, March 17, 2014

Get Lucky - Green Waterfall #NailArtForNubs


Hello, Fireflies! Happy St. Patrick's Day! Tip o' the hat to ya!

A couple of days ago, someone in a nail group asked for a comparison of Enchanted Polish Britney Spearmint and July 2013, and I had those two polishes handy, so I did the comparison.

Enchanted Polish Britney Spearmint and July 2013

Then, it came to me.  "Self," I said, "These are green - and I have one green mani left to do for this challenge.  Let's do a waterfall!" And, so I did.  I used the tutorial from The Nailasaurus

I started with Zoya Dree, a muddy brownish-green and Cliche' Salto Alto, a metallic blue-green.

Zoya Dree, a muddy brownish-green and Cliche' Salto Alto, a metallic blue-green

Next, Above The Curve It's Because I'm Green, Isn't It?, a forest green holo.

Above The Curve It's Because I'm Green, Isn't It?, a forest green holo

Lastly, Lime Crime Pastelchio, a bright yellow-green.

Lime Crime Pastelchio, a bright yellow-green

I need a little practice, I think.  My stripes don't have that little flicky thing at the end that they're supposed to. 


My husband said that it looked like the Monster drink logo.  Kinda made me mad, and so I took it off right away.  Darn him!


Bottle shot:  Enchanted Polish Britney Spearmint and July 2013. Zoya Dree, Cliche' Salto Alto, Above The Curve It's Because I'm Green, Isn't It?, and Lime Crime Pastelchio.

Bottle shot:  Enchanted Polish Britney Spearmint and July 2013. Zoya Dree, Cliche' Salto Alto, Above The Curve It's Because I'm Green, Isn't It?, and Lime Crime Pastelchio.

I think I've gone through most of my green untrieds with this challenge! I'm ready to wear something... anything... other than green - after today!  Have a great holiday,  - or, if you don't celebrate - a great time drinking green beer!

If you missed it, my GlamGlow review posted today, too!






8 comments:

  1. Its a pretty green waterfall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not bad for a first try, I guess!

      Delete
  2. Love all the greens you used here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think after this week of challenges, I've used all my untried greens! lol

      Delete
  3. I love the greens you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the Lime Crime really is the star, the way it pops!

      Delete
  4. I loooooove waterfalls!! Super cute color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to practice this technique - but I do love how it looks! Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...