Lit from Within: Blue and Grey and Dots and Studs #NailArtForNubs
-->

Monday, March 3, 2014

Blue and Grey and Dots and Studs #NailArtForNubs

Hello, Fireflies!

If you missed it, I had a post go live earlier today.  Click HERE to see my review of February's Beauty Box 5!

But now, for my #NailArtForNubs!  Today's look was inspired by Raggio di Luna dots and square studs nail art.  She does some of the most creative nail art, and I really love her style.

I started off with Paula Dorf Stormy, a light grey creme.  I picked up a few Paula Dorf polishes in a blog sale, and I've loved each one so far! Great formula.

Paula Dorf Stormy, a light grey creme

On top, for a little sparkle, I layered NailNation 3000 Dancing In The Sky, a light grey holo.  I love how it adds a slight blue tinge.

 for a little sparkle, I layered NailNation 3000 Dancing In The Sky, a light grey holo

I had some trouble lining up the dots in the center.  I tried to put a marker in the center (like on my thumb) with Julep Josephine, and then build the diamond on top of it.  This worked better for some nails than others.  Probably because some of my nails are wonkier than others!

Also, geometry is important, kids.  Stay in school.

I tried to put a marker in the center (like on my thumb) with Julep Josephine, and then build the diamond on top of it.

I used Julep Char for the next set of dots, sweeping to one side..

Julep Char for the next set of dots

And I used Julep Something Blue to make the dots that swept to the other side.

Julep Something Blue to make the dots that swept to the other side

The original nail art used square studs, but I'm so in love with these triangle studs I just got, I had to use them instead.  I love a good stud.

I'm so in love with these triangle studs

Topcoat is essential for keeping a stud in its place.  All studs should be properly, um, restrained.  Use your imagination.


Bottle shot:  Paula Dorf Stormy, NailNation 3000 Dancing In The Sky, and Julep Josephine, Char, and Something Blue.

Bottle shot:  Paula Dorf Stormy, NailNation 3000 Dancing In The Sky, and Julep Josephine, Char, and Something Blue.

Hopefully, you're seeing through this series that even nubs are a playground for studs.. and nail art! No need to hide your hands because of short nails!



10 comments:

  1. I love how the dots kind of transition from light to dark. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were an artist and did this with acrylic paint, it would have been cool to do an ombre' effect! I had to improvise with polish.

      Delete
  2. Such a cool way to do dots! I don't think I'd have the patience but I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had the patience to get the lines all straight! lol!

      Delete
  3. These are so cute! I love the color palette too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! They weren't hard, but they did take some time!

      Delete
  5. This is really cute! I might try this some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you want curvy lines, I suggest you look at Raggio di Luna's original nail art! LOL.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...