Lit from Within: Textured Stripes and Flowers - #NailArtForNubs
-->

Monday, March 24, 2014

Textured Stripes and Flowers - #NailArtForNubs


Hello, Fireflies!

It's Nail Art For Nubs day!  Well, every day is for me, isn't it.  But today, I am joined by other nubbins! Wear what you like, regardless of nail length, I say.

Today's nail art was inspired by this Pin of Nailicious on Tumblr.  I loved the simple bold stripe with the delicate floral accent!  I started with Nabi Silver, a silver holo on the subtle end of the linear spectrum. 

Nabi Silver, a silver holo on the subtle end of the linear spectrum

Using my ruler, abacus, and level, I meticulously applied the striping tape.

Yeah, right.  I totally eyeballed it.

I painted L'Oreal Pop The Bubbles on the top half of each nail, and Hidden Gems on the bottom.  I actually wanted it to look like a gradient, so I purposely let the colors mix in the middle.  Which you may not actually believe, because that's the sort of thing I would tell you to cover a mistake, but in this case is actually true.  I'm the blogger who cried wolf!

 L'Oreal Pop The Bubbles on the top half of each nail, and Hidden Gems on the bottom

Hidden Gems is the real star of the show for me.  I love how the light blue specks in it are actually the same color as Pop The Bubbles, so it looks like the shimmer carries all the way through the nail.  I totally planned that.  Now you'll never believe me.

Hidden Gems is the real star of the show for me

Decals were the easy solution to getting the flowers to show up over the busy and textured background.


Bottle shot:  Nabi Silver, L'Oreal Pop The Bubbles, and Hidden Gems.

Bottle shot:  Nabi Silver, L'Oreal Pop The Bubbles, and Hidden Gems.

Do you like to mix patterns, like florals and stripes?

(Did you miss it? I reviewed my February Ipsy bag earlier today.  Click HERE for the post!)



6 comments:

  1. I love the textured polishes used like this, very pretty Nidia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I feel a little guilty that I cheated on the flowers! lol

      Delete
  2. Fun textured stripes and the flowers add a cute touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe I forgot to grab the gallery code. Oops! Fixed it!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...