Lit from Within: TRI-holo watercolor
-->

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

TRI-holo watercolor


Hello, Fireflies!

Last Tri-polish Tuesday for March, and I'm celebrating with a watercolor holo design.  I started off with Different Dimensions Good Evening Clarice, a sheer mint-green with a subtle holo.  If you like holos, you should check out this Indie.  She makes some of my faves.

Different Dimensions Good Evening Clarice, a sheer mint-green with a subtle holo

I placed random blobs of Nabi Sky Blue over that.  Nabi holos aren't very strong, but I think they are so pretty.  Sky Blue has a gorgeous color to it.

Nabi Sky Blue

Nabi Deep Purple went on over that.  What a gorgeous royal purple.  I've never seen Nabi in stores around me, but there are a couple of sellers on Ebay that sell pick-your-own-color collections, which is how I got mine.

Nabi Deep Purple  - a gorgeous royal purple

I dabbed on a little more of the green, and then added topcoat to blend everything together. 


It's a Monet!  If you stand far enough away, you can see water lilies, or a landscape.  Can you see the Eiffel Tower in the ring finger? no?  Are you squinting?


Bottle Shot:  Different Dimensions Good Evening Clarice, and Nabi Sky Blue and Dark Purple.

Bottle Shot:  Different Dimensions Good Evening Clarice, and Nabi Sky Blue and Dark Purple.

I like to switch up between really defined nail art patterns, and something more random, like this.  What's your favorite type of nail art?


31 comments:

  1. It looks great and its always fun to experiment. Most of my nail art is actually on the spot and not really planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually start with a base color I like, and then look at pix of other nail art to find inspiration. Some, like the one I have for tomorrow's post, are made up as I go along! I wish I could do unplanned nail art as good as yours!

      Delete
  2. I love how that looks like its one shade fading in and out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! The nice things about using a sheer color like the green is getting that effect.

      Delete
  3. I saw the Leaning Tower of Pisa and Waikiki, LOL! Great simple mani, I think I can do it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think you were looking at Waikiki out your window, no? Yeah, this is a great, simple mani. If you do it, I hope you'll share the pix on my FB! I'm rooting for you!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I bet it would be exquisite done with some of your Chanels! *faint*

      Delete
  5. The Nabi holos are gorgeous! Yes, I think I see the Eiffel Tower! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are quite pretty, especially for the price. Jade polishes are a little more expensive, but are my fave bang-for-the-buck linears (and Color Club, too!) Scattered holos have a lot of depth to them that I love. I do a great abstract Eiffel Tower, don't I? lol

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous as usual. I love those three shades together. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! I'ma blush. This is like a 'company dinner' you have ready to go - looks great, is easy, but everyone thinks you slaved over it for hours.

      Delete
  7. Very cute! I like the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, the challenge dictated the colors.. and it's harder than I thought to keep coming up with manis using three particular colors. Last year, they had to use the same three polishes all month! Level difficulty: extreme.

      Delete
  8. Different Dimension always knocks it out of the park! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not sing her praises enough. Just Keep Swimming and Dueling Unicorns are my latest faves of hers.

      Delete
  9. This is pretty cool. I don't own either brand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely watercolor effect

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting manicure! Love the result!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty! I love the colorway

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a holo junkie. I still need to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ethereal reality!!! Sorta spiritual and spacey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty! Almost looks like you created your own duochrome

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, this mani is just magical :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like how it all blends evenly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...