Lit from Within: GOT Polish - Blue Ruffles
-->

Thursday, March 20, 2014

GOT Polish - Blue Ruffles


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's Golden Oldie Thursday challenge is a Ruffle mani, which is, of course, a striped mani done with a dotting tool, so that the stripes are, well, ruffled.  Natch.

Personally, I like Pointless Cafe's version on Instagram.

I started with Models Own Beth's Blue.  So gorgeous.  So temperamental.  So worth it.

Models Own Beth's Blue

First dotted layer - Sinful Colors Jolt, a bright robin's egg blue.  Great formula.  The color reminds me a bit of that Rockstar Nails fiasco from the Beauty Box 5 sub box.  This one is about $2 and is awesome.
  
Sinful Colors Jolt, a bright robin's egg blue

Next, MAC Blue India, a muted grey-blue.  I love the artwork on the bottle. Lawd, I am making a mess, though.  Clean up on Aisle 9!

MAC Blue India, a muted grey-blue

Finally, Zoya Sailor, a navy blue creme.  And, maybe a few dots of Beth's Blue to make the Ruffle a little more obvious.

Zoya Sailor, a navy blue creme

Topcoat smooths it out and melds the layers together.


Rrrrrruffles have rrrrrrrridges! Such a fun mani to do, and hard to mess up.


Bottle shot:  Models Own Beth's Blue, Sinful Colors Jolt, MAC Blue India, and Zoya Sailor.

Bottle shot:  Models Own Beth's Blue, Sinful Colors Jolt, MAC Blue India, and Zoya Sailor.

What do you have with your Ruffles?



21 comments:

  1. Looks great! The blues you chose go well together too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the colors you chose for this mani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mani! Such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love the color combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE CUTE CUTE! Nidia, you always have cute nails!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, ruffles are cute! I wanna try them now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! It reminds me of the waves in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those blues are amazing. Great ruffles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! The colors you picked are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! The finished mani looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this design! Almost reminds me of a stormy sky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...