Lit from Within: Irish Flowers - #GetLuckyNAC
-->

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Irish Flowers - #GetLuckyNAC


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's challenge is to be Ireland-inspired.  I found this website of Irish flowers, and fell in love with the look of the Carline Thistle, a flower most frequently found in central and western Ireland, in dunes, rock ledges and sea-cliffs.  (The picture is copyrighted, so please visit the website to see a picture of it, if you'd like.)

I started with Aly's Dream Polish Dark Emerald (18), a gorgeous deep green scattered holo.

Aly's Dream Polish Dark Emerald (18), a gorgeous deep green scattered holo




I mixed a little white with Julep Nadia, a golden yellow with a slight shimmer to make the long, thin petals of the thistle.

Julep Nadia, a golden yellow with a slight shimmer

Julep Karen is a really pretty apricot shimmer - and I think it's scented.  Either that, or it's the best smelling nail polish I've ever smelled.  I wish every time I painted flowers on my nails they actually smelled like flowers! 

Julep Karen is a really pretty apricot shimmer

I used Julep Monica for the fuchsia details in the center, and mixed Karen and Nadia together for some of the lowlit petals


If this looks a little weird, move a little farther away from your screen.  This is one of those 'Monet' paintings - it looks better with a little distance!


Bottle shot:  Aly's Dream Polish Dark Emerald (18), Milani White On The Spot, and Julep Nadia, Karen, and Monica.


Someday, I'd like to visit Ireland.  What things make you think of Ireland?

An InLinkz Link-up

17 comments:

  1. These are some nice Irish flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. As a full on fan of Monet, I approve. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I mean, really - how many things improve with a little distance? lol

      Delete
  3. I actually love this up close! It looks really cool and 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like fireworks to me, very bright and festive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well, my fireworks nail art look kinda like flowers, too! lol

      Delete
  5. That is very pretty! I love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love painting flowers, but no matter how hard I try, they're always a little more abstract than I intend them to be!

      Delete
  6. I love how this looks... super pretty and very artisy. I love things that look 3D-ish but I love how it looks so much like a painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Honey! I was kinda going for a painting vibe.

      Delete
  7. I think you did a great job, Nidia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Irish flowers!! I love the St.Paddy's challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty ! I wish I had the creativity to do this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...