Lit from Within: I'm Generally Ignorant to Color Today
-->

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I'm Generally Ignorant to Color Today


Hello, Fireflies!

I admit it, I'm a little burned out.  Between all these challenges, and all the green, green, green I've been painting, I just wanted something simple.  Something monochromatic.  Something... ignorant?  How about LynBDesigns General Ignorance, a milky grey crelly with black and holo glitter?

LynBDesigns General Ignorance, a milky grey crelly with black and holo glitter

I love this.  My only complaint is that the holo gets covered by the crelly and it's hard to see.  There's a large holo circle glitter on my index finger.  Do you see it? Just the shape - no shine.

LynBDesigns General Ignorance

I added a dark grey French tip with Ulta Total Eclipse

Ulta Total Eclipse

I wanted a little more pop, so I added a thin white line between the glitter and the tip.  Perfect!


Don't forget the topcoat!


Bottle shot:  LynBDesigns General Ignorance, Ulta Total Eclipse, and a white striper.

Bottle shot:  LynBDesigns General Ignorance, Ulta Total Eclipse, and a white striper.

Do you ever feel like going monochromatic?



31 comments:

  1. It looks great! Never really did a monochromatic mani before but I'll have to try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I love grey so much, and it's nice to just pair it with black and white. No guessing! lol

      Delete
  2. That is a pretty palate cleanser :)
    As for challenges - I find them stressful and draining, and my creativity suffers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to find a balance with the challenges. I love doing them because they often make me go outside my comfort zone and try new things. But when I'm stressing about the schedule and tired of using the same color, then something's off for me, and I have to take it down a notch.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful color palette. I love th white and black tip effect. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I'd planned it out better, I would have done the white first, and then covered part of it with the dark tip, but it worked out okay.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. LynB makes some pretty polishes, and her sales are often quite generous!

      Delete
  5. SO cute! It reminded me of speckled eggs. YUM!! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year, it was polish holiday ornaments - I think you've hit the next trend! Polished Easter Eggs! lol

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Like peanut butter and chocolate - two great tastes that go great together!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! Once I learned how to do a French tip freehand, it's a nice way to add a little nail art to almost any look!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. She does a lot of theme collections - Dr. Who, Princess Bride.. I understand that next month she's releasing an Alice In Wonderland-themed collection.

      Delete
  9. The base color is already pretty unique, but those two-toned contrasting french tips brought this mani to a whole new level. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was originally planning on just doing dark grey tips, but I'm glad I added the white. I'm glad you agree! :)

      Delete
  10. I like what you did with it. However, I have to say I'm always disappointed when holo glitters are covered by the polish formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with ya! You can't see them at all. I wonder if I'd like it more or less if the polish was more blingy.

      Delete
  11. I love this one! It's totally my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a funky mani! IDK why but I'm digging it! I love the name of the polish too LMAO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...