Lit from Within: Sheswai Studs - #NailArtForNubs
-->

Monday, March 31, 2014

Sheswai Studs - #NailArtForNubs

Hello, Fireflies!

Today's Nail Art For Nubs was inspired by this nailart on Mari's Nail Polish blog. I really loved the off-set ruffian she did, and wanted to try my own version.

I started off with Sheswai Rootsy, a reddish brown creme, and accents of Cover Girl Silver Lining, a light greyish-white creme.

Sheswai Rootsy, a reddish brown creme, and accents of Cover Girl Silver Lining, a light greyish-white with a hint of silver creme

Then I did an off-set Ruffian with the opposite color.  Silver Lining became surprisingly opaque! I love how these looked together. If you wanted to go whimsical, you could paint eyeballs on the accent nails.

off-set Ruffian with the opposite color

The gold glitter is the perfect detail.  This mani is bold, but still looks classy to me.  Of course, I have no taste, so it could be trashy, but I still love it.

The gold glitter is the perfect detail

What was that about trash? Trashy-chic, dahlings! A little hardware does a mani good.  I take some faceted gold studs and some round half-pearl gold studs for a corner accent.  I wish I had them in a slightly smaller size, as they didn't *quite* fit on my pinky.


I think I'd like a purse in these colors with gold hardware!


Bottle shot:  Cover Girl Silver Lining, Sheswai Rootsy, and a gold glitter nail art striper.

Bottle shot:  Cover Girl Silver Lining, Sheswai Rootsy, and a gold glitter nail art striper.

Would you rock a (sing it now, Bond fans..) Goldfinger?





If you missed it, my review of my #FindItAtTarget Influenster Vox Box went live earlier today.  Click here to see my review of FudgeUrban Iced Raspberry and Vanilla mousse!


3 comments:

  1. wow! This looks very unique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am askeered to use gems lol. I worry they are hard to remove.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...