Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - Sunset Skyline
-->

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Sunset Skyline



Hello, Fireflies!

For today's stamping challenge, we were supposed to do a skyline.  I thought first about how a skyline looks dark with the sun setting behind it, so I picked Joss Desert Sunset, a yellowy-orange-pink holo glitterbomb for my sunset-in-a-bottle.


It's gorgeous, but it's not like the first release of Joss holos.  This is a scattered holo glitter in a lightly tinted base.  Obviously, it's not opaque, either - and I'm not sure I could get it that way and have it dry before I dinged it all up.

I didn't have a 'skyline' stamp, but I had one stamp with a building on it... a house.  A Haunted House, to be more precise, from Winstonia 116.  I also loved this tree from Red Angel 115.  Both were stamped with Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

A Haunted House from Winstonia 116, and a tree from Red Angel 115.

I wish the stamp had come out darker, but I kinda like how the skyline looks like a ghost town.


Bottle shot:  Joss Affinite Desert Sunset, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism

Bottle shot:  Joss Affinite Desert Sunset, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism

What is your idea of a skyline?

8 comments:

  1. What a cute design. The skyline looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I have that Joss and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does look like a ghost town, and the golden skyline made this mani look so incredibly unique. Great job as always, Nidia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you layered the stamps! Very fun mani!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...