Lit from Within: Tri-Tie
-->

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tri-Tie


Hello, Fireflies!

Today, I tried the tri, but ended up doing the duo.  No green in this mani, just blue and purple.  Here's my inspiration:


One of my husband's ties! He chose a handful of his ties that he wants to see me use as inspiration, and I thought that was a grand idea!

Here's the hot mess I started with:

I used striping tape and hole reinforcers that I trimmed, over a layer of Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.  Looks like spiders. Ewww.

I used striping tape and hole reinforcers that I trimmed, over a layer of Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.  Looks like spiders. Ewww.

After putting the tape down over the VERY DRY black, then I quickly painted in different sections with colors inspired by the tie.  One nail at a time, please.  If it dries before you get the tape off, your polish will pull off with the tape!

After putting the tape down over the VERY DRY black, then I quickly painted in different sections with colors inspired by the tie.

All done, before topcoat.  I love the colors! Purple, grey, blue, silver, and black.

All done, before topcoat

Like a stained glass window!


A nail art like this one really needs topcoat to bring all the layers into one, visually. Notice how all the brushstrokes are minimized, too.


Do you think it looks like the tie?


Bottle shot:  Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, Sonia Kashuk Dime a Dozen and Russian Roulette, Jordana De'ja' Vu Blue, and a silver nail art striper.

Bottle shot:  Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, Sonia Kashuk Dime a Dozen and Russian Roulette, Jordana De'ja' Vu Blue, and a silver nail art striper.

I couldn't be more thrilled that my husband has taken an interest in my nail art, and even found his own ways to participate! It was so sweet, and he loved the nail art I did, too.  Have you had a partner or friend help you find inspiration for your craft?


17 comments:

  1. This is nice! Love how each nail is a bit different from one another too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me a little scared when I saw all the tape flying everywhere - but the end result is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful beautiful, beautiful! Can you tell I absolutely love your stained glass window nails?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, this is beautiful Nidia, and a perfect match too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neato! That turned out great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love how inspiration can come from anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those turned out awesome. Adore the colors and the pattern. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I did NOT think this would turn out but it looks AMAZING. Striping tape is so damn deceiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great inspiration! Striping tape is just too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That ended up looking incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool pattern, and I love the piece you used for inspiration. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that looks so intricate! love the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome design! I really want to experiment with striping tape to create cool looks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you nailed that design. Ah, see what I did there! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...