Lit from Within: Jerseyliciously Orange #NailArtForNubs
-->

Monday, March 10, 2014

Jerseyliciously Orange #NailArtForNubs

Hello, Fireflies!

Today's #NailArtForNubs is a design I saw on Finger Food (who was, in turn, inspired by Robin Moses Jerseylicious tutorial)

Both designs were done on long nails, so I'm taking a little leap of faith and trying it on my nubbins.

I started with Aly's Dream Polish Persimmon, a hot, hot, hot orange holo.  This is one spicy persimmon!

Aly's Dream Polish Persimmon, a hot, hot, hot orange holo

I used Revlon Spirit, and it's own brush, to create the outline for the graffiti-like shapes.  I just did what I thought would fit, making sure to make some blobs higher than other blobs.
I used Revlon Spirit, and it's own brush, to create the outline for the graffiti-like shapes

I'm pretty sure this nail art would have been easier with acrylic paints! Trying to make tiny lines with a black striper is a little challenging, and you can see where I just ran out of room! Like Robin does in her tutorial, I also went over some of the white again to make it pop and clean up some of the lines.

Like Robin does in her tutorial, I also went over some of the white again to make it pop and clean up some of the lines

I've never seen 'Jerseylicious' but I have seen The Maxx, and for some reason, this art just reminds me of that style of drawing.  I have just not only dated myself, but also aligned myself as a bit of a geek with that reference, I think.


I really like the contrast between the bright pop of orange, and the stark black and white.


Bottle shot:  Aly's Dream Polish Persimmon, Revlon Spirit, black nail art striper.

Bottle shot:  Aly's Dream Polish Persimmon, Revlon Spirit, black nail art striper.

So, does this nail art need long nails, do you think?  I'm pretty happy with it!



3 comments:

  1. What a funky and unique design. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that orange is absolutely gorgeous - lovey nail art too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design! Very pop art. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...