Lit from Within: Nail Challenge Collaborative - Purple Funky Untrieds
-->

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Nail Challenge Collaborative - Purple Funky Untrieds


Hello, Fireflies!

This month's NCC challenge is 'Untrieds'.  Well, that's the majority of what I do these days, so I'm happy with this theme!  I have a small, itty-bitty, teeny-tiny addiction to polish, and I always have a few hanging around that need some love.

Today's nail art was inspired from The Nail Boss Instagram. It's a simple look that I just fell in love with.  I started with Sinful Colors Who's The Gloss, a grey creme with a heavy purple shimmer, from the Sinful Shine line.  This polish immediately went into my top 10-ish list.  Love.

Sinful Colors Who's The Gloss, a grey creme with a heavy purple shimmer

I free-handed a half-moon on top with Sheswai Totally, a red-violet creme.  I know it's completely superficial, but I really like the wood-grain caps.  Very au-naturel for a polish.

 Sheswai Totally, a red-violet creme.

The Nail Boss did this art on an almond-shaped nail, and it looked even better... but I gotta work with what I got.  I applied Finger Paints Winter Chill, a black glitter texture on the tips.

Finger Paints Winter Chill, a black glitter texture

I actually didn't realize it *was* a texture when I was doing this. It's hard to tell a texture from the bottle.  Well, I can't tell just by looking at the bottle.


I tried to keep the bow shape in the center by rounding the application of the glitter.  Isn't it cool with topcoat? I love the glitter tip.


Bottle shot:  Sinful Colors Who's The Gloss, Sheswai Totally, and Finger Paints Winter Chill

Bottle shot:  Sinful Colors Who's The Gloss, Sheswai Totally, and Finger Paints Winter Chill

I love that it's so simple, but it's a little twist on the traditional half-moon, or even a traditional French tip! Do you have a favorite little twist you've done to change a more traditional nail art?


36 comments:

  1. Great choices of colors. The purple really stands out here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought it was fun with all the different kinds of purple!

      Delete
  2. That's really funky :)
    Who's The Gloss is so mysterious to look at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thanks, Maria! I'm so glad I picked it up, and it was on sale for $1! Sinful Colors is one of the best bargain brands here, I think.

      Delete
  3. Simply cute. As simple at it looks, I swear I can't do it myself, blame the shaky hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used the nail polish strips, but if you like nail art and can't/won't do it, you might enjoy something like that. There's all kinds of patterns and colors out there. Or, my fave kind of nail art - slap some glitter on it! woot!

      Delete
  4. Awesome manicure! I like Sheswai formulas a lot, but because of their price, I own only 3 bottles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were on sale at Ricky's NYC for $3 a bottle! I snatched every color I could!

      Delete
  5. Awesome color trio. I would never have thought to do a trio nail. But then again my at home Mani's look like a 3 year old painted them. Lol.. Great manicure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen that article on Toddler Art vs. Abstract Art? There are no mistakes, only artistic interpretations! lol

      Delete
  6. This is one of my most loved mani's you've done! I love the look and the colors you chose. I need that raspberry Sheswai. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Simple colorblocked manis can be easy and fun and pretty!

      Delete
  7. I have several shades like Who's The Gloss. That wont stop me from purchasing more though haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, tell me, what are these other shades? I may have to buy them. :)

      Delete
  8. Very cute. Love the colors that you used

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! Sometimes Ilike bringing colors together that aren't matchy-matchy but compliment each other.

      Delete
  9. I love how that turned out, especially the black tips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The glitter tips were definitely fun and funky.

      Delete
  10. I really like the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! I really like those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how they don't really go together, but yet, they work.

      Delete
  12. Love this trio! I bought Who's The Gloss for a friend and she's obsessed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great nail design. I like the color choices too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original really grabbed me for the simplicity of the design, yet how cool and unusual.

      Delete
  14. That's a cool take on nail art - I love the wood grain caps, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...