Lit from Within: Tri-Polish Mardi Gras!
-->

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tri-Polish Mardi Gras!


Hello, Fireflies!

Happy Mardi Gras!

Well, color me happy! Color me green, blue, and purple, because those are the March colors for the Crumpet's Tri-Polish challenge!  This is my very first one, and I hope you like it.  Photographs really didn't capture the true, sparkly glory of this mani.

I started with GAP Sparkling Sea, an ocean blue with tiny red glitters.  This was a little patchy in two coats, but beautiful in three.  If I wasn't showing you this step, I would have stopped at 2, though, because the tips get covered up.

GAP Sparkling Sea, an ocean blue with tiny red glitters

The next step was to add a gradient with Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer 2014.  $@#(%#$ camera and its distaste for purples.  This was so gorgeous in Real Life, with the purple shimmering with the blue, and the blue glitters in 2014.

I need a moment. SIGH.

The next step was to add a gradient with Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer 2014.

The green on the very tips is Colors by Llarowe Behead The Drama Queen, a deep metallic emerald color.

The green on the very tips is Colors by Llarowe Behead The Drama Queen

What's better than a gradient? Flakies! Flakies are better than just about everything.  This is Island Girl Hawaiian Girl.  Yeah, the flakies are mylar shards, and there are some straight-up gold pieces in it, too.  Made me feel a little more Mardi Gras-like.

Flakies! Flakies are better than just about everything

This nail art is so versatile! If you're reading this on Fat Tuesday, and celebrating Mardi Gras, you might think this is a totally appropriate mani for that!  Or, if you're reading this on another day, or at the beach, you might think this is a great mermaid-y mani. 


Or, you might be covering your face, crying, 'my eyes! my eyes! They burn!' and scrolling down as fast as possible.  I don't know.  There's no accounting for taste, really.


Bottle shot:  GAP Sparkling Sea, Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer 2014, Colors by Llarowe Behead The Drama Queen, and Island Girl Hawaiian Girl.

Bottle shot:  GAP Sparkling Sea, Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer 2014, Colors by Llarowe Behead The Drama Queen, and Island Girl Hawaiian Girl.

I actually took some of these pix with my regular camera, and some with my iPhone to try and capture the loveliness of this mani.  I *really* wanted to share it with you.  I would stare at it when I was driving in the car.  It was love.  Ever get really frustrated that you just couldn't capture something on camera?


38 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mani. I'm an island girl, literally living in the island of Oahu, HI. Boo me for not even owning one Island Girl nail polish. I'm so behind!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering you can only buy them retail in Hawaii and Las Vegas (I got mine from a blog sale) you should be hooking your mainland girls UP! lol

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful gradient! It makes me think of the depths of the ocean. :)

    I get frustrated with my inability to capture things accurately with my camera all of the time. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! For example, my camera never captures that I really look like Cindy Crawford.. no matter how hard I try. ;)

      Delete
  3. That's a gorgeous mix of polishes Nidia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! I wish you could see the purple more, but I'm happy with the result. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Mardi Gras! This mani is totally appropriate for the occasion, but I would wear it on any other day too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't lie - I did this mani for the challenge, and then realized it was Mardi Gras! The flakies I think take it a little more festive, especially the gold ones. Every day's a party!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous mani! Love the shades you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful mani!!! Love the shades very Mardi Gras!!! Happy Fat Tuesday ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'd be looking at my nails, and miss all the beads! lol, good thing I'm not actually going to a parade!

      Delete
  7. LOVE it!!! I'm a huge blue fan :) I love that you do all these challenges. I need to get plugged in to some of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I bit off too many challenges for this month.. but they keep me stretching my repertoire!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. We need a polish called Peninsula Girl for us Florida ladies. LOL

      Delete
  9. love the gradiant of blues!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine anyone covering their eyes at this mani. It's very cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I suppose there are those who only like red nails, or neutral colors.. but then they'd definitely be on the wrong blog! lol

      Delete
  11. Love all the colors you chose to use! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish they'd photographed better, but they did go together nicely.

      Delete
  12. I love Island Girl polishes. I have a few and love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have two. They're just not easy to get unless you're in Hawaii or Las Vegas, or you have a mule!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. I guess it photographed that way, but the gradient is actually blue/purple/green.

      Delete
  14. OMG the Island Girl polish totally makes this! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think flakies could possibly solve many of the world's problems.

      Delete
  15. I'm so out of the loop, I didn't even know gap had polish! I've been a long time fan of Island Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only heard about the GAP having polish because when they first came out, there was one that was a spot-on dupe for the much-coveted Rescue Beauty Lounge Aqua Lily. When I went looking for it, they had a 2/$6 sale, and I couldn't resist.

      Delete
  16. So festive! I can't believe I forgot to pay tribute to Fat Tuesday this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have hurricane cocktail glasses, now I just need a kick-ass recipe, and I'm ready to celebrate Nawlins-style! lol

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...