Lit from Within: Nail Challenge Collaborative - Holo Oxfords
-->

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Nail Challenge Collaborative - Holo Oxfords


Hello, Fireflies!

Today, I have a nail art that just sorta evolved, which doesn't usually happen for me.  Usually, I look at a picture or get some inspiration.  Today, I just kept picking up colors and deciding how to use them.  In the end, the design reminded me a little of the old-style Oxford shoes.  See what you think!

I started with a gorgeous grey holo, Girly Bits Dash Away All.

a gorgeous grey holo, Girly Bits Dash Away All

I painted about 2/3 of the nail with SpaRitual Peace & Harmony.  At the time, I didn't know it would dry as a satin white.  I also didn't know that it was fairly sheer.  It took me a few coats to get it opaque over the holo.  Remember, I was totally experimenting.  Like in the 60s. Ask your parents.

SpaRitual Peace & Harmony

I did a wide French tip with Milani Rapid Orchid.  WTH kind of name is that, really?  This is the season of Radiant Orchid, and this color is faaaarrrrr from that.  It's past eggplant purple into almost black territory.  And, who ever heard of a fast orchid?  Is this like that movie, Turbo, with the racing snail? Nail polish namers are weird, yo.

Milani Rapid Orchid

Afterwards, I thought it would look cool with another thin stripe of Rapid Orchid (!?!) between the white and the grey holo.   Yes, you could technically just do 2/3 of the nail with the dark color and then apply a thin stripe of white.  I might have done that if I actually knew where I was going with this, but you always run the risk of the white not covering the darker color.

So maybe I did do it right. Maybe. Just sayin.

I thought it would look cool with another thin stripe of Rapid Orchid

So, why not add another dot of Rapid Orchid?  I clearly have no self-control.  I like living on the edge, baby.


Doesn't it look a little like those Oxford shoes?  Is my 80's childhood showing?


Bottle shot:  Girly Bits Dash Away All, SpaRitual Peace & Harmony, and Milani Rapid Orchid

Bottle shot:  Girly Bits Dash Away All, SpaRitual Peace & Harmony, and Milani Rapid Orchid


Have you ever done a mani that reminded you of shoes?  Is that weird?


22 comments:

  1. That Girly Bits shade is gorgeous! Nice stripes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome color scheme. You have seriously the best ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that holo is amazing. I bet its even prettier in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute design and I'm LOVING that Girly Bits polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of my favorite Girly Bits shades! Perfect base for this design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design! I like the color scheme too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way this turned out! Great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Girly Bits holo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so pretty! I'm in awe of your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gah! I love Girly Bits! Love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 80s rule, 90s rock, today's generation suck, hahaha! As usual, I love your cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great design, and I love those little dot accents :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...