Lit from Within: Kimble Beauty
-->

Friday, June 27, 2014

Kimble Beauty


Hello, Fireflies!

I have been *obsessed* with masques lately.  Face masques, and hair masques.  I love them.  I love that feeling that comes with pampering myself.

I was fortunate to get to try Kimble Beauty Brazilian Nut and Acai Berry conditioning hair masque through BrandBacker.


Kim Kimble is a celebrity hair stylist, salon owner, star of LA Hair, and now the creator of her own line of products.  Her parents were hairdressers, and she's been doing hair most of her life.  So when she got to do it her way, I think she got it right!

The very first thing I noticed and loved was the dispenser.  First of all, it was safety sealed, which I like a lot.  Secondly, it's not a jar!
So many hair masques come in jars, and then they get all full of hair, and the jar gets slippery, and it's a mess.  This is clean and nice, and the product looks fresh every time.  The texture is thick, with a gel-like consistency.  It has a subtle nutty fragrance.
I also received this *totes adorbz* shower cap, which is sold separately.  It's really roomy, and fit all my hair, wasn't too tight on my head, and had structure to it.  I've only really used thin, floppy shower caps before.  I don't wear curlers, but this cap would definitely fit a set of rollers under it if you had your hair up but needed a shower.
I feel glamorous... flossy, flossy!

Right now, I haven't had a hair cut in a long time, so my ends really are damaged. It's just a part of having curly hair - it tends to be dryer and prone to breakage.  Also, the curls break up light waves, so it doesn't look as shiny as straight hair.
I put on the masque, covered my hair, and gave myself a mud spa treatment while I waited for the conditioner to do it's thing.  After about 10-15 minutes, it rinsed out easily and cleanly, and my hair felt light and soft!

Kim Kimble may be a hairstylist to the stars, but her products are priced reasonably! If you click HERE to go to the online store 701 NYC, the cute showercap is currently priced at $14, plus there is a 10% discount if you use the code hair10!

Her many other products can be found on her website, where this masque sells for $13.99.  Her shampoos and conditioners are also priced similarly.

Do you use hair masques?  What do you look for in one?

21 comments:

  1. What a cute shower cap! I'm not really into hair masks myself but its nice to hear this one left your hair feeling soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hair masks. Plus, I want your shower cap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your hair looks fabulous!! Can you throw the shower cap in the laundry after you use it? I usually use the throwaway kind and feel guilty about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shower cap made from a heavy-duty plastic, so I doubt it can be laundered.. I've never laundered one before, actually. I'll rinse it out in the shower once in a while, but I've never felt the need to do more than that. When it gets gross, I just throw them away, but that takes awhile.

      Delete
  4. I don't actually use hair masques but I know I should. I think I just worry that it'll weigh down my fine hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try Phyrra's masque. There are lots of blogger reviews on it, and many of the girls have straight hair (probably some have fine hair, too.)

      Delete
  5. Your hair is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want the shower cap!! Loving hair masks too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! And that shower cap is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO I love the pic in the cap!! It's stealing the show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOO! I just used this too! I LOVE the shower cap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so beautiful - I love when I can see Nidia Pics ;) this mask sounds like I would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWw! Gee, thanks, Honey! I'ma gonna blush now...

      Delete
  11. You are so cute in that shower cap :) And I wish I had half of your hair, mine is all limp and fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! lol! It's always a risk putting up such embarrassing pix on the Interwebs for all the world! Some days, I wish I had half my hair, too! It took me a long time (and product) to learn to love my hair, but I really do now.. most days.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...