Lit from Within: Tri, uh, Bi-Beachy Nail Art
-->

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tri, uh, Bi-Beachy Nail Art

Hello, Fireflies!

Ever go beachcombing and happen upon a perfect shell?  I wanted to capture that feeling in my nail art today.  I started with Aly's Dream Polish Unbleached, an oatmeal-ish nude holo.  

Aly's Dream Polish Unbleached, an oatmeal-ish nude holo

Waves lapping up on the beach were painted with Aly's Dream Polish I Dream In Aquamarine, and a glitter striper.  Makes me think of the foamy bubbles made when waves gently break on the beach.

Aly's Dream Polish I Dream In Aquamarine, and a glitter striper.

These textured gold studs made me think of sand dollars.  I had a perfect sand dollar shell once that I found on a beach in Mexico when I was young.  I saved it for years and years.

My husband accidentally crushed it with a can of coins.


Bottle shot:  Aly's Dream Polish in Unbleached and I Dream In Aquamarine, and a Stripe Rite turquoise glitter striper.

Bottle shot:  Aly's Dream Polish in Unbleached and I Dream In Aquamarine, and a Stripe Rite turquoise glitter striper.

I live about 20 minutes away from the self-proclaimed, "World's Most Famous Beach" in Daytona, but I don't go as often as I used to.  Maybe it's time for a little beach getaway this summer!  Do you like the beach?




21 comments:

  1. I love this mani. It seriously is soooo beachy and summer. I love the cute little sand dollars too. Seriously can you show me how to paint my nails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A PERFECT Beachy Manicure! I love the "Sand dollars" too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO beachy! def my favorite mani you've ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this totally reminds me of a mermaid - I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute!!!! Same here, I live 5 mins away from the beach yet rarely visit. Btw, I used to collect sea shells and turn them to earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is so cool. I'm so not crafty like that! You should do a summer post showcasing your beachy earrings. What a neat talent.

      Delete
  6. That's really nice. the studs fool the idea so that you think they're sea shells. It totally works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great summer manicure! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful summer manicure! It really does remind me of beach combing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooooo cute. I love the base color! It really does look like sand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...