Lit from Within: Paula Dorf is a little Flakie
-->

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Paula Dorf is a little Flakie

Hello, Fireflies!

I'd never heard of Paula Dorf products before, and then I started hearing some buzz about them in the polish groups on Facebook.  This brand was popping up in TJ Maxx/Marshals, and folks were raving!

So, I found some in a blog sale, and I have to say - they were right!  This is Paula Dorf Blue-tiful, a dark, navy-ish blue jelly. 

Paula Dorf Blue-tiful, a dark, navy-ish blue jelly.

I then took Paula Dorf Model, a wine-purple shimmer and did a dabby-gradient about 2/3 up the nail.  Without the bright light, the colors blended better.  Blue-tiful appears darker in natural lighting.

Paula Dorf Model, a wine-purple shimmer

I stalked Llarowe when these Color Club flakies came out.  I still haven't seen them anywhere else, but if I do, I'm buying backups.  This is Color Club Violet Twilight, a blue jelly with red/green/gold flakies.  It came in a set of 4.

Color Club Violet Twilight, a blue jelly with red/green/gold flakies

I have not yet reached saturation with flakies! As much as I love holos, I can look at some and feel I own something similar *enough*... but not as much with flakies. 

Someone needs to make me a signature flakie polish.  In a gallon jug. KThanks.


Bottle shot:  Paula Dorf Blue-tiful, Model, and Color Club Violet Twilight.

Bottle shot:  Paula Dorf Blue-tiful, Model, and Color Club Violet Twilight.

Have you had a signature polish made?  What did it or would it look like if you did?

7 comments:

  1. Very interesting mani! Loving the combo with Color Club polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that combo. I am gonna try a deep purple with flakies now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Paula Dorf is amazing. I would definitely rock that all by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea PD made polishes!!! I love this combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know Paula Dorf did polish! And i'm a sucker for all things flakie (except people)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...