Lit from Within: GOT Silver and Holo, Silver and Holo..
-->

Thursday, June 5, 2014

GOT Silver and Holo, Silver and Holo..


Hello, Fireflies!

I only wore these Everlasting French tip press-on nails from KISS and Influenster for a couple of days, but I did enjoy playing with them!  .

Everlasting French tip press-on nails from KISS and Influenster

Today's GOT polish challenge is 'with a silver accent'. I started with a holo silver accent, in Color Club Worth The Risque.  The false nail was a pretty nice, smooth surface for a holo! 

Wish I had given that more thought before attempting a sponge gradient on the other nails.  I used Color Club Wild at Heart, more Worth The Risque, and then Revvvolution.... and made a bit of a mess!

Color Club Wild at Heart, more Worth The Risque, and then Revvvolution

The gradient did smooth out a bit with topcoat.  Thank goodness for topcoat!  I also used the topcoat to stick on these nail shields.  Still a silver accent!


Look how ginormous these nail shields are, though! I couldn't fit them on my regular nubbins, and they're pretty thick, too.  They're cute decoration, but they're no Nail Veils.

Look how ginormous these nail shields are!

Bottle shot:  Color Club Wild at Heart, Revvvolution, and Worth The Risque.

Bottle shot:  Color Club Wild at Heart, Revvvolution, and Worth The Risque.

I'm glad I thought to try more nail jewelry while wearing these talons.  Maybe next time, I'll try drilling a hole through them and wearing those dangly jewelry bits! What do you think of those?


30 comments:

  1. I do so love color club holos. The purple one is my fave of the three. And dang girl! Those nail shields are HUGE! Pretty but huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the joy of ordering from China - you only see a picture, and when you get it, you're likely keeping it because it took 3 months to get to you, and now you're invested! lol. Maybe I'll make them into earrings... lol!

      Delete
  2. The stick on french tips look pretty good! my nails never seem to fit them properly, they're always in between sizes, and my nail beds are quite flat so they always lift! I like the silver/purple gradient :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These lifted too, after about 3 days. I'm a picker, so I kinda screwed up my natural nails picking these off. My nail beds are *small* so I was surprised they fit me so well!

      Delete
  3. Holy wow those names shields are huge. Super pretty but I would be so afraid of catching them on things. Do they get caught? I am loving the gradient look with the colors you choose. Super gorgeous mani as always. I seriously need to learn to do manis better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My real Nail Veils don't get caught, but these probably would - lots of edges. I took them off right after I took the picture!!

      Delete
  4. Those look like some great holos. Love all the skulls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're supposed to be skulls? I totally didn't get that! lol. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I love those press on nails. How long did they stay on? Your nail bling is supercool, but like Jamie, I would be catching them on everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only about 3 days. They started to lift, and I picked them off. I don't recommend doing that. Yeah, I took the bling off right after I snapped the photo. I knew they'd never survive the Real World.

      Delete
  6. The nail shields are pretty and sparkly but they would be driving me insane in about 6.0 seconds, flat! I love those Color Club holos. They are good ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the purple and silver holo! You have so much 3d nail art! Do you wear these to work too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that purple holo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. I really love the purple and silver blend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa, now those are some fancy schmancy nails!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to wear embellishments but they'd get caught on everything I would think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually take them off right after the pictures. I did wear my real Nail Veil for The Makeup Show, both days, and will nail glue, it stayed on and didn't catch. I wouldn't trust these, though - too many edges, and too big and raised. They were fun, though, to wear for a dramatic look!

      Delete
  12. Seriously, those nail shields are huge! Bring on the bling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holos are a lifetime favorite. I need CC in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can never have too much bling in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those embellishments! They wouldn't last on me, I'm too destructive lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those nail shields are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...