Lit from Within: TRI Tuesday - Faux Feathers
-->

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

TRI Tuesday - Faux Feathers

Hello, Fireflies!

Have you ever wanted to do a type of nail art, but found yourself lacking in the materials to make it? I wanted to do a feather mani, but didn't have what I wanted.  So, in those ancient words of wisdom, I decided to fake it 'till I made it!

I started off with my nude color, Zoya Jacqueline.  Pretty almond color, lumpy, patchy formula.  Jackie is kind of a b!tch.

Zoya Jacqueline.  Pretty almond color, lumpy, patchy formula.

I may have found the perfect summer coral color in China Glaze Mimosa's Before Mani's. Thank goodness the color is amazing, because its punctuation is atrocious.

China Glaze Mimosa's Before Mani's, the perfect summer coral

Completing the colorful faux-feather look is Takko Lacquer Nirvana, a turquoise creme with gold flakies.  These little takkitos are hard to get! She restocks once a month, and the polishes last about 3 seconds.

Takko Lacquer Nirvana, a turquoise creme with gold flakies

Doesn't this pattern remind you of feathers? From like a really weird bird? Maybe if you squint and walk away from your monitor a little.

A little more...

Keep going...


I knew you could see it.  You're so creative.  Mr. Rogers was so right about you.


Oh, that coral.  I'm in love.

Bottle shot:  Zoya Jacqueline, China Glaze Mimosa's Before Mani's, and Takko Lacquer Nirvana.

Bottle shot:  Zoya Jacqueline, China Glaze Mimosa's Before Mani's, and Takko Lacquer Nirvana.

Do you fake it in your creative endeavors?  Cooking, crafting, performing?

   
   

21 comments:

  1. I am so dead-tired and I'm squinting right now but can't see feather, LOL. Faith moves mountains so I believe what you said, I see feathers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are super gorgeous. Bummer that Jackie is a pain in the butt, the base shade is gorgeous and looks awesome with that coral and teal. Great mani girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie and the coral from China glaze are beautiful. It sucks Jackie is a pain to work with. I, too have an issue with one of Zoya's white polishes... it is the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jackie. I wish the formula was better. The coral is pretty. I have to look for it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the China Glaze coral color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun mani! Love the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie is extremely high maintenance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these colors together, very summery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those 3 colors together are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty mani! Kind of reminds me os a sea cucumber lol.. a very pretty sea cucumber!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors are gorgeous. I love Nirvana - reminds me of a mermaid.... but certainly looks great all together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...