Lit from Within: Billy No Mates Got Some Bright Mates
-->

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Billy No Mates Got Some Bright Mates

Hello, Fireflies!

It's time for the June Challenge Your Nail Art Summer Time Challenge! As it falls on today's GOT Free Choice challenge, I thought I'd combine the two for a flash back to some good ol' Butter London brights I have in my collection.

But, I'm not starting with one... I thought Butter London Billy No Mates was the perfect backdrop to all these gorgeous colors.  Just didn't want to do white, but this dove-grey gorgeous creme is worth pulling out of my stash and taking for another spin. 

Butter London Billy No Mates

I thought I'd just let the polish tell me what it wanted to do.  Here's a step-by-step of each polish! First up, Butter London Squatter, an acid yellow-green.  Am I crazy, or does it look amazing against the grey?  Whooda thunk.

Butter London Squatter

A little Squatter, now a little Slapper.  Then, maybe a little liquor.. "Lick her?  I hardly even know her!"

Butter London Slapper

Brummie is a matte purple, but topcoat will make it all come together.

Butter London Brummie

That poppin' pink is Butter London Primrose Hill Picnic.

Butter London Primrose Hill Picnic

Touch it up here and there, and add topcoat, and Billy's got bright!


Billy No Mates suddenly got quite popular, I'd say.


My Butter London babies:  Billy No Mates, Squatter, Slapper, Brummie, and Primrose Hill Picnic.

My Butter London babies:  Billy No Mates, Squatter, Slapper, Brummie, and Primrose Hill Picnic

Are you going back in your stash for any bright colors for the summer?




26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was kinda going for that vibe, but I don't know how to make true 'graffiti'! You so get me. :)

      Delete
  2. Great colors! I love fun summer manis!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy No Mates is the perfect backdrop for this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. LOL, me, too. Though if it were an American slang brand, it might be called, "Billy Forever Alone" lol!!

      Delete
  5. I love colorful free form mani like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That base shade is a perfect grey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun and colorful! Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very artsy, I like how this mani came out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love all these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never would have thought to use grey as a backdrop for my brights but this is fantastic. A true free hand nail art design. Nice work =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun! I'm glad billy no mates got some mates! They complement each other so well! Nice and bright & summery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many pretty colors. I love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love watching your nail art come together!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out so cute! Thanks for taking us through step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this - it kind of reminds me of the Electric Palette from UD. I need all of those shades - I have the green and need the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the combination of colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...