Lit from Within: TRI-Turquoise Talons
-->

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

TRI-Turquoise Talons

Hello, Fireflies!

You may remember these KISS Everlasting French press-on nails from last week:


I wore them for about 3 days, but in those days, I polished them, removed the polish (with non-acetone remover) and re-polished them many times.  I think Thursday is the last post with these.

After applying a base coat of Rica's Glossy Glam, I used Mineral Fusion Sapphire Dream and a piece of tape to paint a small section at the top of my nails, and a large section below.  I would have preferred to make the middle section a little bigger, but the curve of the French tip and my mistakes in application pretty much dictated the size of the nude section.

I used Mineral Fusion Sapphire Dream and a piece of tape to paint a small section at the top of my nails, and a large section below.

Then, I took these square orange-y-coral-y studs in large and small sizes and made them into diamonds (I am clever like that.)

I topcoated them in... except the pinky.  How did I not see that those weren't topcoated?


As an afterthought, I decided to paint the tips with Mineral Fusion Galaxy, a dark bluish-black base with turquoise and green glitter.


I would have been hard pressed to fit all this on my nubs, but it was fun to do on talons!


I really liked these Mineral Fusion polishes, too.  I bought them on BOGO special ($8 for both) at Ulta.com.  Bottle shot:  Mineral Fusion Sapphire Dream, and Galaxy.

Bottle shot:  Mineral Fusion Sapphire Dream, and Galaxy.

I wouldn't have necessarily thought to put nude, turquoise, and coral together, but I love the combination, and these Mineral Fusion polishes!  Have you tried this brand?



30 comments:

  1. Love how the bright orange studs pop off here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own few Mineral Fusion polishes, I like the quality! Love the orange accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried that brand of polish. Girl, you are having way too much fun with those long nails. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun mani! I love the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should grow your nails out! You seem to be having a lot of fun with the Kiss nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I could! I've tried everything. I can only get them to grow a little, then they break and/or peel. I've been the most successful with IBX, but I still can't get them to grow that long.

      Delete
  6. I love the orange diamonds! I think they really make the mani POP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool manicure! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe they've lasted so long even through manicures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to try some mineral fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so cute! Those fake nails were so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried this brand and have only seen it in blogs. Darling design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute. looks kinda like an easter egg!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the oranges and blues. Also, those KISS nails alone are rather stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually liked them alone, but they were too long to be practical for me. Probably why they started lifting after 3 days.

      Delete
  15. I like the way those bottles look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh, how interesting! I like that pattern, and would even wear clothes with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the orange diamonds! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...