Friday, August 3, 2012

April showers bring May flowers.. in August

I think I like painting flowers in nail art best because no one can convince me that I'm doing it wrong! lol.  Flowers just have their own character, and they're all a little different.

For this first mani, I started with a base of, appropriately enough, Sally Hansen Loves Me Not.  It's a lovely dark purple with a subtle metallic feel to it.  You can see some glittery shine, but there aren't chunks of glitter in it. 


I wanted to experiment with different types of flowers.  If I don't tell you what kind of flower I was trying to make, you won't know if I succeeded.  You see, my plan is all coming together.


This next mani you've seen part of before, if you're a follower of this blog.  This was my take on a 'stained glass' look, done with Sally Hansen Chromes.



Later, I decided that there needed to be some roses growing in front of the windows, and this mani was born.  Currently, it's in the Nailasauras' Load-N-Vote competition.  If you're voting in that, you may have seen it scroll by.


And, lastly, is a mani inspired by Robin Moses' Blue Bouquet flower nail art.  She's amazing!  I love blue polish, and I have a lot of it, so I thought it would be cool to do all sorts of different blue flowers, too.  This one started on a base of A-England Galahad.  Such a pretty blue, and so easy to work with.


 Here's all the blues I used in my flowers.  And a white on the end.


  My blue flower bouquet:
 

 I even did a version on my right hand:


Hope you enjoyed these flowers as much as I did making them.  Do you like painting flowers in nail art?  Do you focus on realism, or letting your imagination create all kinds of different flowers?

5 comments:

  1. Lovely mani's Nidia, I especially like the flowers over stained glass :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! So glad you like my flowers!

      Delete
  2. I love those! They remind me of some of the fabrics from the very early 60s that ladies made summer dress up dresses out of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those! They remind me of some of the fabrics from the very early 60s that ladies made summer dress up dresses out of.

    ReplyDelete