Lit from Within: Get the F..lowers Out!
-->

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Get the F..lowers Out!

I like to do my nails for any occasion, and these nails I did to cheer me up for an impending visit to the doctor's office.  I like my doctor okay... but I don't particularly want to go, especially if I'm not sick.

I started off with a sweet pastel lilac, Sweet Hook from China Glaze. For a pastel, it went on beautifully.



I decided to do a flower pattern based off of one from Maria's Nail Art and Polish blog.  I used CG Nail Slicks in Mint Sorbet and SpaRitual Yes I Can for the stems.


Then, I painted in some flowers in white, so that whatever color I used, it would stand out against the background.


I used China Glaze Stella, a shimmery violet, for the flowers. 


On some flowers, I painted it with Stella first, others I did a mix of Stella and Wet 'n Wild Bijou Blue.  The blue is iridescent, so it really brought out a texture in the flowers.


A touch of shimmery orange in the centers courtesy of Ulta Not From Concentrate.  It's really subtle, but came out a little more with topcoat.



And with Seche Vite topcoat.  When the nurse saw my nails, she couldn't believe that I did it myself.  She said, "you did that?  Get the F* out!"  Best reaction to my nail art yet!  She even made the doctor look (and went to get his reading glasses so he could see them!)



Right hand:


What was the best reaction you got to something you did?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...