Lit from Within: Galaxy nails for an out-of-this-world experience
-->

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Galaxy nails for an out-of-this-world experience

There are some benefits to living in Central Florida, and one of them is being about an hour away from the space coast.  Some of you may have heard of a company called Space X - they are a private company that is largely taking over the space industry (in conjunction with NASA) since the shuttle was retired.  I got the opportunity to go on a tour there, and spend a little time at Kennedy Space Center.  What better time to try a Galaxy mani?

I started off with Orly Galaxy Girl.  Of course!


Girly Bits Into the Night provided some awesome sparkle and depth.


I freehanded the X logo, added some stars with white polish, and then dabbed on a little bit of Hits Phenomenon Borealis on top.


 Right hand:


My tiny nail art logo next to their model Falcon 9 rocket.


That's a real rocket behind me!  Space X works on their rockets in the horizontal position, something no one else has done.


I almost broke a nail on the tip of the Saturn rocket at Kennedy Space Center.  Ouch!



The atmosphere on Mars is hell on the cuticles.  Moisturize!


 Where would you boldly take your mani, if you could?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...