Lit from Within: Stamping Sunday - Can't Wait Until Fall
-->

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Stamping Sunday - Can't Wait Until Fall



I was really excited about this challenge! I love Fall colors, especially nail polish colors.  When I put them on, though, I realized that I'm not ready to let go of Spring-like pastels or Summer brights!


Revlon Colorstay French Roast is a beautiful brown, but it has a lovely sparkle in the bottle that really didn't translate to the nail.  I tried to blur this pix to catch some of the sparkle better, but it just wasn't happening. 


Pumpkin orange is the most Fall-like color I can think of, and what is more Fall than a harvest moon?  I used Kleancolor Metallic Orange to stamp crescent moons all over my nails.


I love a subtle stamp, but this may be a little too subtle.  the moon has a filigree pattern, so sometimes it just looks like a shiny hot mess.


Effects that are present in the bottle, but don't transfer to the nail are some of the biggest disappointments in my polish-loving relationship.  Is there a polish you were so in love with in the bottle, but couldn't get that special shimmer or effect on your nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...