Lit from Within: Really dressed-up digits
-->

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Really dressed-up digits

I am all about a good dupe, and these Jessica polishes were supposed to be just like the Dior spring 2012 collection that were so beautiful.  I don't even know how many peach/orange polishes I bought trying to match this color.  So glad I finally was able to get Jessica Love Story!


I wasn't worried about the VNL because I knew I wanted to try this glitter.  I am really enjoying the glitter trend with oranges and yellows.  If it looks like an orange or a fire, I'm probably going to want it!  I couldn't resist Indie polish  The Polish Bar Citrus Squeeze.   I think it goes perfectly with Love Story - it's not so orange that the orange glitter gets lost, and not so yellow that the yellow glitter is hidden.  The white just pops on it.  I got some compliments on this combo.


You may think that's the end of the manicure, but you'd be wrong.  I added a new piece of nail jewelry, recently introduced by Chronicle Stones, called the Nail Veil.


Nail Veils come in several different styles  - some are long and pointy, some have jewels hanging on them, but I loved this one the best.  Unlike rhinestones or most other nail art, this is real jewelry, and it is reusable.  You can put polish on it, or topcoat, or nail glue, and then clean it with acetone, and you're ready to go again.  


Now that is a dressed-up manicure!  What do you think about nail jewelry? 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's something else - I'm torn, if you want my honest opinion LOL, at least I have no desire to try it out myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - that's one reason I love the nail community - there's something for everyone. I remember when nail piercings were THE thing, but I didn't have any interest in those. Besides, you can't see your beautiful flowers through this nail veil - maybe if it were open in the middle.. lol. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I've just nominated you for the Liebster Blogger Award! You can find out more details here:

    http://haphaphappyhands.blogspot.com/2012/08/im-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, my very first blog award! Thanks, Kristi! I'll get working on that. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that citrus squeeze glitter. I must have it. Candy Lacquer did a Fruit Salad limited edition glitter with orange, yellow, and lime green. I think there were only 15 bottles and I got cart jacket on Etsy. I think this will be a suiable replacement for that lemming. I'll just use lime green undies for the glitter.

    I think the nail jewelery would drive me crazy. I can't even stand thick coats of polish. But it looks wonderful and fun on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that Fruit Salad and wanted it, too! It looked really cool. I didn't even come close to getting one, but I would be so mad if I got cart-jacked. :P Indie shopping is so cut-throat! lol. I know what you mean, I am always fiddling with anything 3-D on my nails, and picking off thick layers of glitter!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...