Lit from Within: Avon and Glitter I
-->

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Avon and Glitter I

Some of my earliest nail polishes were Avon - in the square bottles.  A bright orange and a light grey.  Must have been 20 years ago, because they're back in fashion again!

I decided to try Avon again, and ordered some polishes from my friend Alyssa from Pretty Little Bottles.

This is pretty pix heavy, so I put all the lovelies after the jump!


First up, Night Violet.  I love vampy colors that don't look black.  This is a dark wine shimmer that applied nicely.  Two coats, no topcoat:



I thought the perfect glitter accompaniment would be The Polish Bar Shirley.  I love the play between the dark red, black, and pink glitters.  The Polish Bar makes great glitters - I've liked all the ones I've tried so far.



Next up is a polish that Avon promoted as part of a charity to stop domestic abuse.  It's called Empower.  Love this color.  Rich, cobalt blues make me weak in the knees, ironically.



I chose another Polish Bar to go over Empower.  This is Oceanside, a mix of blues and silver glitter.  Perfect for Shark Week, or any other time!



Deluxe Chocolate looks good enough to eat.  Molten brown shimmer!



This was my fave combination - Hits Phenomena Air Glow.  WOW.  It's like they were made for each other.  Air Glow is a glitter duochrome that has a chunky look to it, but isn't gritty at all.


 
The Avon colors are rich, saturated, and easy to apply.  They do take a long time to dry on me, and even more time with glitter.  I'm not used to polishes being so dentable for so long.  I'm pretty clumsy, so I dinged up my manicures a lot before they dried.  I lliked the colors and combinations a lot, though, so I may have to try a different base or top coat to see if that makes a difference.

More Avon tomorrow!  Have you tried Avon polishes yet?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...