Lit from Within: Guerlain Femme Fatale or Femme D'Amour
-->

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Guerlain Femme Fatale or Femme D'Amour

The Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida were invited back to Neiman -Marcus for a special presentation with Guerlain!


It was called, "Guerlain & Champagne" which drove me nuts, because Guerlain rhymes with Milan, not champagne.  But, I'll overlook it, because it was a fabulous event.  And, because they plied us with champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries.  We took a little quiz to see what color scheme we would prefer from their new Fall launch (a month before other stores would get it!)

Femme Fatale were the darker reds and plums, and Femme D'Amour were the more romantic pinks and peaches.


They have a brand new lipstick that comes in a beautiful little compact with a mirror.  Most of the shades are a semi-matte, but there are also two glosses.  I fell in love with M60.  I got a makeover in the new colors.  This is my serious Duckface.


Alicia from NiftyBA! took all these pix (Thanks, Ali!) and took duckface pix with a bunch of us.  Girls just wanna have fun!


I loved the lipstick the best.  It is the perfect color for me for fall - a semi-matte dark red.  I got compliments all over the place.  It is definitely a luxury item at $48 a pop.  The Guerlain ladies talked about how a lot of customers have that one cosmetic that feels luxurious and completes the package for them.  This lipstick was like that for me.

Did you know that Guerlain was the first company to put lipstick in the iconic tube that everyone uses today?  


Afterwards, a few of us got some noms at California Pizza Kitchen.  It was pretty cool to get to know these blogger ladies better!  That's me on the left, then Alicia from NiftyBA!, Phyrra, Steph from Imperfectly Painted, and Judi from Judixo.



My nails for the occasion:  China Glaze Ingrid (a tan with shimmer) and Fergie Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night glitter on top. I loved both of these.  Ingrid was typical China Glaze - great formula, beautiful color.  I'd never tried the Wet 'n Wild Fergie collection before, but I was pleasantly surprised!  Two coats of dabbing gave me as much glitter as I could want, and it distributed pretty well over the nail.




Guerlain is having a mega-event from August 6-11, 2012.  Anyone is welcome to come by for a quick facial or color refresh throughout the event.  Also, any purchase will receive a free sample of their Shalimar Perfume Initial (an updated version of Shalimar), and if you spend $350, you'll receive a Limited Edition set of makeup brushes valued at $250.  These are natural bristle brushes in a suede carrying case. They were beautiful!

Do you have that one (or more) luxury item that makes you feel amazing when you wear it?

The bloggers all received a few samples of Guerlain beauty products, and the makeover and event was at no charge to us.  I was not compensated for this post, and all opinions presented are mine and as unbiased as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...