Lit from Within: My version of one of the most beautiful stamped manis I've ever seen
-->

Thursday, August 16, 2012

My version of one of the most beautiful stamped manis I've ever seen

One of the first stamped manis I ever saw, and still one of the most beautiful, is this stamped 'butterfly wing' from Makeup Alley.  I bought the Red Angel plates just for that stamp.  At one point I had owned some of the original Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup, I had tossed them out some time back. (I thought polish went bad! I didn't know.  I still kick myself over that one..)

Luckily, I found some on Ebay, and bought them just to try and recreate that mani.

I didn't have the Magnetic polish used as a base, but I thought that the beautiful Nfu-Oh 51 was a good match - deep purple color, nice flakies. 


On different fingers I used different combinations of the Chromes, but they were all some combination of Pink Crystal, Burmese Ruby, Royal Purple Chrome, Violet Sapphire, and Aquamarine Chrome.  I wish I had a stronger, deeper blue for this, but overall, I'm pretty pleased with my first try.


 Right hand:


I wore this mani to go to the recital of a friend who plays classical piano and sings beautifully.  She shines more brightly than any mani - even this one. :)



2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...