Lit from Within: Alter Ego
-->

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Alter Ego

I recently tried my first Alter Ego polishes, and I will say that they aren't like any other Indie polishes I've tried so far.

I usually layer my glitters, but I really wanted to see what Goldpanner looked like on its own. 


With my stained nails, this obviously wasn't the smartest decision.  I should have used a nude polish, or maybe a sheer white to really make the gold pop.  Still, it's a delicate glitter with micro gold holos, and is pretty.


What really makes Alter Ego polishes unique, however, is the base.  It's not a regular suspension base - it feels... waxy.  It has a matte feel to it, and it's made differently, as well, as the instructions warn you not to use polish thinner if you want to thin the polish, but to use alcohol instead.

For the next polish, I did layer it over a polish I've had for a while, but haven't tried.  Maybe I was saving it for a special occasion.  A-England Order of the Garter is the only polish in the Legend collection that wasn't a holo, but it doesn't need to be.  It has a beautiful cobalt blue base with a aqua shimmer.



I paired it with Alter Ego Olympic Contender.  I love the colors together, but look how the waxy base dulls the shine and shimmer of Order of the Garter.  I don't think it's a true matte, though - maybe it's more like what the 'soft touch' finishes are like?



I had to see what it looked like with a regular topcoat.  It changes the look a lot!


Something for every mood, I guess!  Do you like the waxy look or the shiny look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...