Lit from Within: Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida Black and White Linkup!
-->

Friday, July 25, 2014

Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida Black and White Linkup!


Hello, Fireflies!

I have a special place in my heart for black & white manicures.  There's something so clean and striking about them.  So when the Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida suggested a Black & White roundup, I was excited.

I started with a new-to-me Indie, Glitzkrieg War Paint.  This off-white/dove grey with a subtle holo is called Purity. 

Glitzkrieg War Paint Purity, an off-white/dove grey with a subtle holo.

I used Cult Nails Ignite to freehand a chevron tip.  This is an interestingly textured polish - the black is very jelly, but is opaque in two coats.  It really allows the tiny silver sparkles to shine through!

Removal wasn't hard, either.  The black polish comes off first, leaving a smattering of silver, but they just wiped off with a little pressure and a felt pad.  No scrubbing required.

I used Cult Nails Ignite to freehand a chevron tip

A white striper helped clean up the lines and give a little contrast, and then a textured square silver stud finishes the look!


All the points actually help visually elongate my nubbins. Science!



Bottle shot:  Glitzkrieg War Paint Purity, Cult Nails Ignite, and a white striper. 

Bottle shot:  Glitzkrieg War Paint Purity, Cult Nails Ignite, and a white striper.

I love wearing black and white nails and outfits, and want to experiment with black and white makeup looks, too.  How do you like your black and white?


16 comments:

  1. This is really cute. It reminds me of a tuxedo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the simple french tip with the addition of the studs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with this mani. OMG anything black and white with studs is AMAZING!! Gorgeous girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your nails remind me of little tuxedos here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute! I agree w/ Laura, they look like tuxedos (for toddlers) to me. I love black and white too, I call 'em my no-brainer choice for outfit and shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! And I love the name Holo-Back Girl haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha like everyone else says, I get a big tuxedo vibe from the nails!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...