Lit from Within: Swirls in Purple and Gold
-->

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Swirls in Purple and Gold

Hello, Fireflies!

When I saw this nail art from Les Ongles de Lucie, I loved it immediately, and knew I'd have to try it, even if I couldn't do it justice.

I started with Koco Plum's The Word, an orchid color with a lovely subtle gold shimmer.

Koco Plum's The Word, an orchid color with a lovely subtle gold shimmer

A black striping brush, a steady hand, and stopping constantly to check Lucie's original art is what I needed for this step!

A black striping brush, and a steady hand

I filled in the gaps with a white striper for two reasons:  1) to help clean up some of the black lines, and 2) to make the gold glitter in the next step show up better.  I was not doing all this work and not have the glitter show up.

I do love it at this stage, too.  I could have just put on some topcoat.

I filled in the gaps with a white striper

Gold glitter and a gold stud complete the look.


I lurve this.  Someone told me that it reminded them of The Nightmare Before Christmas, and I totally see that, but of course I had no idea when I was painting it.


Swirls and swirls and swirls!


Bottle shot:  Koco Plum's The Word, and nail art stripers in black, white, and gold glitter.

Bottle shot:  Koco Plum's The Word, and nail art stripers in black, white, and gold glitter.

I'm so grateful for the creative folks out there who inspire my nail art.  Do you take inspiration from what others have created, or do you look at raw colors and materials and get your ideas from that?

27 comments:

  1. What awesome looking swirls! I like the gold bead too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this mani alot. It almost for some reason before the gold reminded me of Nightmare Before Christmas. I am digging the swirl action alot. Great mani girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh pretty! I love the final look because anything with gold is a win for me :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty design! I love the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute mani! Also, I would love the shade from Koko on its own because it's so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the golden holo shimmer in the base!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! This is such a pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha you're right, it is like The Nightmare Before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this design and I need to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  10. This mani is awesome! I love the base color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! This is one of my favorites that you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CUTE! I like to think you do the pink manis for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course! pink is done in your honor. :) ;)

      Delete
  13. The design turned out amazing! I mostly gather inspiration from you, love of lacquer, and beauty by miss L

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your nail art today, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was getting so excited watching it come together. i totally thought it was going to be Halloween Before Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  16. Obsessed with the base color, that's my kind of mauve <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the swirls. Yeah, kinda reminds me of Nightmare before Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the swirls... the Word is a beautiful shade.

    ReplyDelete
  19. how cute!!! for some reason, it reminds me of elf shoes lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...